Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warthog 3/8 w/ 4kpsi 6gpm

Will it cut roots in 4 and 6inch?
    Thanks,,, your opinions matter greatly on this.
    Ps I'm getting a root ranger. Want both
    Last edited by theplungerman; 11-27-2012, 02:25 AM.

Re: Warthog 3/8 w/ 4kpsi 6gpm

the answer is yes. but you're using the smallest jet inserts due to flow. 6'' roots will be further away from the nozzle and will take a while to throughly cut.

it's nothing like the root ranger demo we did last week, that destroyed the 2x4 in a matter of seconds.

i'm using my 3/8 warthog on my 18 gpm x 4000psi trailer and it's still a slow process even with 12gpm at the nozzle jets with 3/8'' hose.

with a camera you will know the exact location and distance of the roots. mark your hose with colored tape and in a matter of a couple minutes with a root ranger, all the roots are destroyed. plus you can buy 2.5 root rangers for the price of 1 warthog. plus there is next to no maintenance with a rr. you saw all i needed was a box wrench to unscrew the rotor.

start off with the root ranger and if you really want to spend the money, get the warthog later. but remember your 6gpm is just on the edge of working a warthog.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Thanks Rick for that. Yes the root ranger is da bomb. I'm convinced beyond a man, I want it all though I ordered the warthog AND root ranger. Now I need a screwdriver nozzle. I know the rr will be better overall, but I wanted the warthog Rick, please don't be , lol,,,,., what made me do it was the fact that I get mostly jammed up 4 inch lines that started at the 6 inch transition , so I get what I can get with the warthog in the 4 then, then the rest with the rr. Now where can I get a screwdriver nozzle, in your truck tomorrow when you aren't looking, lol

Comment

I have the 3/8 RR and the 1/2" RR, then I have the 3/8 warthog and a 1/2" warthog, my go to nozzle is the warthogs because of the egg shape the cruise by Y's and santi's that the RR likes to get stuck in so I use the warthogs 1st, I have mine pretty dialed in and they destroy roots but if I put the camera on a joint and see roots still clinging on and the line was easy to maneuver I pop on a RR to annihilate the roots so I can get out of there and on to my other calls. I do not have a front jet on any of my RR nozzles that might be another reason I like my warthogs.
        Seattle Drain Service

Comment

The root ranger that comes from Ridgid now has a place for the forward nozzle.
          AllurePlumbing.com
          • leak detection
          • drain cleaning
          • utility locating
          • conductor fault locating
          • and other specialties.

Greensboro NC, Winston-Salem NC, High Point NC, Thomasville NC, Kernersville NC

Comment

Where are you guys buying your RR's from?
            www.AndersenPH.com

Comment

I got mine from AJ Coleman.
              AllurePlumbing.com
              • leak detection
              • drain cleaning
              • utility locating
              • conductor fault locating
              • and other specialties.

Greensboro NC, Winston-Salem NC, High Point NC, Thomasville NC, Kernersville NC

Comment

Originally posted by AndersenPlumbing View Post
                Where are you guys buying your RR's from?
                i got mine from where i ordered my jetter, jetters north west, but ask the guru here aka as plumber rick, he knows everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Gettinit View Post
                  I got mine from AJ Coleman.
                  Same here.
                  Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

my ridgid root ranger that's the typical 1/4'' made for the ridgid kj3000 and 3100 i found on ebay.

my larger size 1/2'' ones and double barrel root rangers come directly from the manufacture in australia at "the jetters edge" The Jetters Edge

bill is a regular member here and sells all the toys of the trade. including the screwdriver nozzle.

rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by Cuda View Post
                      I have the 3/8 RR and the 1/2" RR, then I have the 3/8 warthog and a 1/2" warthog, my go to nozzle is the warthogs because of the egg shape the cruise by Y's and santi's that the RR likes to get stuck in so I use the warthogs 1st, I have mine pretty dialed in and they destroy roots but if I put the camera on a joint and see roots still clinging on and the line was easy to maneuver I pop on a RR to annihilate the roots so I can get out of there and on to my other calls. I do not have a front jet on any of my RR nozzles that might be another reason I like my warthogs.
                      Thanks cuda what you running in terms of a jetter, thanks

Comment

trailer unit 4k psi 25gpm.
                        cart unit 3500 psi 8 gpm
                        small gas unit 2500 psi 2 gpm
                        little electric unit 1500 psi 1.5 gpm
                        Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Originally posted by Cuda View Post
                          trailer unit 4k psi 25gpm.
                          cart unit 3500 psi 8 gpm
                          small gas unit 2500 psi 2 gpm
                          little electric unit 1500 psi 1.5 gpm
                          nice,,,

Comment

The 1 on the right is the warthog cutting a hole in the 1/2 plywood in about 20 sec the left is the root ranger for about 15, in the specs of 6gpm 4kpsi
                            Attached Files

Comment

Did you put a gauge on the end of the hose or at least look at the factory gauge to see what pressures you are getting with each tip?
                              Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Working...
                              X