The Eagle Has Landed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Eagle Has Landed

Looks like a root ranger in you pic. Did you take your root ranger a part to make the foreward blaster ? Trying to figure out how you got it down a 2 inch vent if I read it right. Thanks Plunger.

Comment

The photo shows a 4" clay line that's ben cut open with a grinder.

Turbo/ rotary nozzles can be purchased at any pressure washer site.

Rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by sewer rat View Post
        Looks like a root ranger in you pic. Did you take your root ranger a part to make the foreward blaster ? Trying to figure out how you got it down a 2 inch vent if I read it right. Thanks Plunger.
        First I tried the little penetrator nozzle (aprox 20 bucks) that comes with jetter thru the 2 inch k sink clean out.
        Then told them to cut in a clean out.
        Then what rick wrote.
        It would fit down a 2 inch abs comby (I think) and a 45, (pretty sure) with my new 1/4 pushrod
        I bought that I'm sure is stiff enough for what I need to hold it.
        Cleared my first restaurant grease clog with the warthog yesterday for another plumber who tried and couldn't clear it with a cable. The machine worked great.
        Robert
        Last edited by theplungerman; 02-03-2013, 03:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LeakyPipes
          Nice! Like a kid in a candy store, except for plumbers of course! Love your toy, makes me want to order one.
          Get one, you won't be sorry.
          Welcome to the forum.

Comment

Used my new 1/4 fiberglass push rod for the first time today. Pulled cable back after it kept getting stuck. H/O was broke and dealing with a short sale and couldn't deal with a stuck cable dig up caper. So I sold her the sure thing, (jetter).
            I restored flow right away but there were at least 5ft of root mass. The 1/4 inch worked but would have liked a stiffer rod. To push forward I had to shut water down and push to the next stopping point then resume jetting. It held and kept the hose and nozzle from coming back but wasn't strong enough to push while jetting. To get a good clearing I had to use warthog and finished off with root ranger. So I'm pleased because I got a smoking deal on the rod, but I'd have to say 3/8 sounds like more the ticket.
            Or all in all 1/4 will work,,,, and 3/8 will work better.

Comment

i have the 3/8'' glass, 1/2'' od and used it last week in 4'' pvc electrical conduit at 90' in. with 4000# and about 6gpm, you still can't advance with the water flowing.

3/8'' is very stiff and not recommended on 4'' bends in dwv systems. ok for electrical sweeps.

jnw will be at the trade show this weekend. have they followed your thread?

maybe i'll wear my hawaiian shirt and speak to them

rick.
              Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 02-25-2013, 11:18 PM. Reason: can't
              phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                i have the 3/8'' glass, 1/2'' od and used it last week in 4'' pvc electrical conduit at 90' in. with 4000# and about 6gpm, you still can's advance with the water flowing.

3/8'' is very stiff and not recommended on 4'' bends in dwv systems. ok for electrical sweeps.

jnw will be at the trade show this weekend. have they followed your thread?

maybe i'll wear my hawaiian shirt and speak to them

rick.
                You said can's did you mean can't, cuz if so then 1/4 is the ticket for me. I was able to advance forward while running with my 11/16 cable the last job. But that's a pain, the rod was cool. Here are some pics that wouldn't upload the first time.
                Yeah jnw has been following thread to some degree anyway.
                They I'm sure would be honored if you spent some time at their booth. I'm going to be there selling Jetters. Lol
                Attached Files

Comment

Finally had an easy one today. A Plumber i know from parts house couldn't get thru and clear a 2inch laundry line due to roots. Put on a penetrator nozzle, 10 min later cleared. Spent more time making sure good job. He and h/o very pleased. Yeah.

Comment

Caught my first fish with jetter today.

Also, (for first time) when went into small unit that clean out went under to check if I had a mess to clean up from blowback through toilet I noticed it had sucked ALL the water out of bowl, no little splashy splash though.

Thanks for letting me share.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by theplungerman; 03-17-2013, 04:33 PM.

Comment

Robert, the real fish are caught not in the sewers, but in the area drains. Especially when you're fishing from the curb to the yard.

My rootrangers make for better bait than my warthogs. Very rarely will my rootranger come back without a catch.

Rick.
                      phoebe it is

Comment

well, y'all convinced me. ordered 40' of push/pullrod. got their cute little brass rolling tip too; looks useful for easing around bends. Got an flat iron line with piles of scale in it that I have no access to reverse. Going to try pushing the hose with no nozzle in ahead of the camera and see if I can wash the junk out to the tank.
                        This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                          Robert, the real fish are caught not in the sewers, but in the area drains. Especially when you're fishing from the curb to the yard.

My rootrangers make for better bait than my warthogs. Very rarely will my rootranger come back without a catch.

Rick.
                          A fish is a fish and I finally caught one. I'm looking forward to my first area drain clearing from downstream up. Thought I had one a few weeks ago but they buried it in the dirt just on other side of lot.

Comment

Alex, install a 15 degree pw nozzle. It should give you a good jet action to help push the scale. Of couse a turbo nozzle will easily push the debris downstream in 3" and larger pipe. 2" with no bends. Depending on your pushrod stiffness and gpm, psi you might have to stop the flow to advance the rod.

Rick.
                            phoebe it is

Comment

Why does the water come out of the traps? Is the venting not sufficient for the high speed of the water? It can't be the GPM, can it?
                              ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

Its a combination of volume and velocity. Remember as the nozzle propels downstream, the jets have to blow backwards. This can and will blow water back up the wyes/ combies. Of course water doesn't want to drain back past the nozzle too. So shutting off flow when the water starts to build up will help in cutting down blowback.

Of course the smaller the jetter, flow, the less chance of a mess.

I once had a 3rd. Floor toilet blowing back and the toilet was a good 50' from the main. I was in a common building 6" main a good 100' in and already passed 4 other house connections. My guess is the vent for that toilet was covered or plugged. No other units or locations were affected, including the units first floor toilet.

Jetting upstream can and will syphon out traps and toilets. Acts as a vacuum sucking a negative pressure. City manholes are typically always jetted upstream.

Rick.
                                phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                                X