Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Eagle Has Landed

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Re: The Eagle Has Landed

    Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
    I use the foot pedal all the time, use it for every job.
    for rooter machines too?

    Comment


    • #32
      Re: The Eagle Has Landed

      Originally posted by theplungerman View Post
      for rooter machines too?
      don't use a drum...sectionals(exception of eel c) don't use foot pedals. I think that not using a foot pedal on a drum is insanely unsafe.
      Buy cheap, buy twice.

      Comment


      • #33
        Re: The Eagle Has Landed

        Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
        don't use a drum...sectionals(exception of eel c) don't use foot pedals. I think that not using a foot pedal on a drum is insanely unsafe.
        I grew up on drums, will die with them. In the last year I bought 2 drums. 1 for tubs showers, another for sinks etc, and just put about 1k in my main line (new cable and motor), I hate having to keep my foot on the foot pedal. So I thought the same would hold true for the jetter

        Comment


        • #34
          Re: The Eagle Has Landed

          if you ever have a hose and nozzle pull out of a line under pressure, you would have paid anything for a foot pedal. believe me a nozzle flying at over 100mph can and has killed people. at least with a pedal, when you hit the ground the nozzle will eventually stop. plus it acts as a good trick to get the hose to make the bends and get down the line.

          not having a foot pedal is like not having brakes on your truck. sure you could downshift and keep your distance, but the 1 time you need a panic stop, fred flintstone ain't going to cut it.

          if you want to borrow a foot pedal, i have several that will work.

          rick.
          phoebe it is

          Comment


          • #35
            Re: The Eagle Has Landed

            Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
            if you ever have a hose and nozzle pull out of a line under pressure, you would have paid anything for a foot pedal. believe me a nozzle flying at over 100mph can and has killed people. at least with a pedal, when you hit the ground the nozzle will eventually stop. plus it acts as a good trick to get the hose to make the bends and get down the line.

            not having a foot pedal is like not having brakes on your truck. sure you could downshift and keep your distance, but the 1 time you need a panic stop, fred flintstone ain't going to cut it.

            if you want to borrow a foot pedal, i have several that will work.

            rick.
            wow that makes a lot sense, will get one tomorrow, and thanks for the offer,

            Comment


            • #36
              Re: The Eagle Has Landed

              Talked to udor this morning to figure out this 6gpm thing. Was informed that if you buy the udor pump buy itself, it'll only put out the 5.5 gpm. But the one on the bruiser plus is gear reduced and is geared to spin just a little faster which is how you get the 6gpm. Udor's technical support was top notch, Randy over there, had great answers and really knew his stuff.
              Buy cheap, buy twice.

              Comment


              • #37
                Re: The Eagle Has Landed

                Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                Talked to udor this morning to figure out this 6gpm thing. Was informed that if you buy the udor pump buy itself, it'll only put out the 5.5 gpm. But the one on the bruiser plus is gear reduced and is geared to spin just a little faster which is how you get the 6gpm. Udor's technical support was top notch, Randy over there, had great answers and really knew his stuff.
                Right on with your bad self.
                Found a pressure washer place in my area and bought a tee a gauge and jumper hose, gonna do a warthog and root ranger test for gpm, and when my ball valve comes in gonna go for the acid test for psi gpm specs said I was buying.
                The guy at jnw said something similar to what you said. Is making it spit out... .5 more gpm a big deal IYHO.
                Thanks again, peace
                Robert

                Comment


                • #38
                  Re: The Eagle Has Landed

                  Tested the jetter today
                  200 ft 3/8 with tee, gauge then ball valve,,, squeezed it down to to get 4kpsi then dumped into buckets with stop watch, only got 3ish gallons
                  Then same set up with these psi and gpm figures
                  3000psi 6.5 ish gallons
                  3500psi 6 gpm
                  3700psi 6gpm
                  The volume decreased greatly when trying to get 3800 and up with psi.

                  Then took off tee and gauge and tested using gauge in front of machine
                  For the 3/8 warthog which gave these numbers on 200 ft 3/8
                  3800 psi 5gallons but barely or should say at least.
                  Couldn't get the 4kpsi reading I got the first time I tried it 2 days ago

                  Root Ranger, same results as warthog.

                  I got a tach and hour meter.
                  Rpm when at full throttle set by jnw, loaded (with water going thru unit) 3690,,, unloaded(water shut of to nozzle) 3840.

                  Any gurus have an opinion, smile, thanks.
                  Robert
                  Ps. I have my first jetter job set for tomorrow. Smile
                  Last edited by theplungerman; 12-04-2012, 03:53 AM.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Re: The Eagle Has Landed

                    was the reading you got from the gauge at the end of 200' of 3/8'' hose?

                    if so that's the pressure drop from your hose. you will never have the same reading as your gauge on the machine when flowing.

                    gpm is based on rpm's. as you put a large load on the engine, the rpm drops and the gpm and psi will also drop too.

                    keep the rpm up. when you get up to the max psi, you're at the spot of the unloader bypassing water.

                    take photos tomorrow of the before and after roots. see what nozzle you like better.

                    rick.
                    phoebe it is

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Re: The Eagle Has Landed

                      Rick I edited my post,
                      For the root ranger and warthog I used the front of the machine for psi gpm measurements. The ball valve for gpm at different psi settings

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Re: The Eagle Has Landed

                        Originally posted by theplungerman View Post
                        Tested the jetter today
                        200 ft 3/8 with tee, gauge then ball valve,,, squeezed it down to to get 4kpsi then dumped into buckets with stop watch, only got 3ish gallons
                        Then same set up with these psi and gpm figures
                        3000psi 6.5 ish gallons
                        3500psi 6 gpm
                        3700psi 6gpm
                        The volume decreased greatly when trying to get 3800 and up with psi.

                        Then took off tee and gauge and tested using gauge in front of machine
                        For the 3/8 warthog which gave these numbers on 200 ft 3/8
                        3800 psi 5gallons but barely or should say at least.
                        Couldn't get the 4kpsi reading I got the first time I tried it 2 days ago

                        Root Ranger, same results as warthog.

                        I got a tach and hour meter.
                        Rpm when at full throttle set by jnw, loaded (with water going thru unit) 3690,,, unloaded(water shut of to unit) 3840.

                        Any gurus have an opinion, smile, thanks.
                        Robert
                        Ps. I have my first jetter job set for tomorrow. Smile
                        Did I read this right where you ran the engine with no water?! If so, you just did real serious damage to the pump. Did you do this before you ran the pressure readings? If so, this will explain why you can't get the pressure up there like before....you burnt the seals and water is getting around the pistons
                        Buy cheap, buy twice.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Re: The Eagle Has Landed

                          Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                          Did I read this right where you ran the engine with no water?! If so, you just did real serious damage to the pump. Did you do this before you ran the pressure readings? If so, this will explain why you can't get the pressure up there like before....you burnt the seals and water is getting around the pistons
                          No didn't run it dry, I explained it wrong.
                          Thats the part where you shut the water off to the nozzles. NOT to jetter. Jnw told me the rpm shouldn't go above 3800 after that. And to not let the jetter circulate its own water for more than a couple minutesas this makes the pump get to hot. I think you know that already. I had no problem getting 4kpsi. Just not with the warthog which I got 3800.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Re: The Eagle Has Landed

                            That engine doesn't have an idle down feature? No load, engine automatically idles down. Honda and vanguard do...saves big on fuel and wear and tear on engine.
                            Buy cheap, buy twice.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Re: The Eagle Has Landed

                              Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                              That engine doesn't have an idle down feature? No load, engine automatically idles down. Honda and vanguard do...saves big on fuel and wear and tear on engine.
                              hey u bagging on my engine? smile,,, order yours with a honda engine

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Re: The Eagle Has Landed

                                Nope....I could build it for about 2500. I'm really thinking of not doing the big jetter after all. The results I'm getting with my little one is crazy. Cutting roots out of a sewer line - YouTube
                                Buy cheap, buy twice.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X