The Eagle Has Landed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Eagle Has Landed

Customer just called, his new building backed up, sold a jetter job for tomorrow morning.
    2 days with it and 3 jetter jobs so far, tomorrow is 3 days and 4 jetter jobs. I love roots in sewers.

Comment

it's almost time to have that talk with the mrs.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
        it's almost time to have that talk with the mrs.

rick.
        I already did.

Comment

joey busted me before my new jetter showed up

but then agin it took a couple months to deliver and had 6 different people interested in my other jetter. it was a free for all when i listed it on craigs list.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

I knew it was just a matter of time before she found out. All I have been doing the last three weeks is researching Jetters and posting. She was bound to ask and want to see what I was writing on my tablet while watching tv on the couch and in bed with. She's taking better than I thought she would.

Comment

Originally posted by theplungerman View Post
              I knew it was just a matter of time before she found out. All I have been doing the last three weeks is researching Jetters and posting. She was bound to ask and want to see what I was writing on my tablet while watching tv on the couch and in bed with. She's taking better than I thought she would.
              She's a keeper! Treat that Girl WELL !
              I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                She's a keeper! Treat that Girl WELL !
                Haha, good one, yeah she's great. Thanks

Comment

I love my new jetter.

First job today I cleared the main with a small blade, then jetted it. The main went under this garage with a unit above, and it's about 5 ft Deep also. When I was done and everything was hunky dory the tenant came out and told me his toilet had had some water splashing out of it. I wonder was that the time it came back on me and almost got splashed as well. Then I remembered the guru plumber Rick telling me that to keep toilet lids down. This back splash came from under garage floor up to horizontal,, total 13 ft then over 8 and up another foot to w/c. Wasn't a big mess, a quick wipe up to did it.

Second jetter job was main backed up to alley,no trees but no main access. So put 3/16 down a laundry clean out. Bada ding Bada boom, then dumped washing machine, everything hunky dory. Waited to long to shut her down and almost got a mouth full. I've been marking my hose with each job with different colored tape for specific problem resolution areas but not in specific lengths like plumber Rick said to do.

I hope I don't have to learn the hard way when the next mishap goes down

Thanks for letting me share. Smile
                  Robert

Comment

That’s funny as HE!! I don’t tell my wife when I buy big ticket tools either.

I just make sure I buy her something nice 2 -3 times a year.

In my defense I don’t buy thing I can’t make money with of sell for more than I paid for it.

I did but a new to me millermatic 200 welder it sits right next to the wife 4Runner drivers door and she has yet to notice it.

Oh by the way congrats on the new jetter. You will love it.
                    Sent From The StoolBus

www.appletondrainandsewer.com

Appleton WI, 54915
                    1-920-284-7471

Comment

robert, remember what i've been preaching about a foot valve much faster and safer than a shut off valve at the pump or hose jumper. also brightly colored tape or paint at the first 5' of hose should alert you of a pull out.

as far as toilet blowing their bowl and trap water. that's always a concern and sometimes a mystery.

the strangest one i ever had was on a 6'' outside sewer main at a town home complex. i was using my double root ranger and was working the outside main cleanout. must have been in 125-150' downstream when i hear what sounded like water splashing coming from a unit downstream. the owner of the townhome also heard it and we went upstairs. the toilet water had completely emptied from the bowl and splashed over the walls and floor

can't explain why this only occurred at this unit when i had already done 6 other outside mains in the complex of 34 townhomes. their lateral was not being jetted, just the common building main. this toilet was on the second floor and had a downstairs toilet and second toilet upstairs with no problems. the only thing i can think of is the toilet vent was missing or plugged. it's not like my jetter water went up 20' from the sewer to the second floor. it was just a blast of positive air pressure. the vent would normally allow for any changes of pressure and not affect the toilets or traps. still a mystery.

no damage, just wet walls and flooring. but it did catch me off guard.

rick.
                      phoebe it is

Comment

I love my new jetter.

First job today I cleared the main with a small blade, then jetted it. The main went under this garage with a unit above, and it's about 5 ft Deep also. When I was done and everything was hunky dory the tenant came out and told me his toilet had had some water splashing out of it. I wonder was that the time it came back on me and almost got splashed as well. Then I remembered the guru plumber Rick telling me that to keep toilet lids down. This back splash came from under garage floor up to horizontal,, total 13 ft then over 8 and up another foot to w/c. Wasn't a big mess, a quick wipe up to did it.

Second jetter job was main backed up to alley,no trees but no main access. So put 3/16 down a laundry clean out. Bada ding Bada boom, then dumped washing machine, everything hunky dory. Waited to long to shut her down and almost got a mouth full. I've been marking my hose with each job with different colored tape for specific problem resolution areas but not in specific lengths like plumber Rick said to do.

I hope I don't have to learn the hard way when the next mishap goes down

Thanks for letting me share. Smile
                        Robert
                        You'll have a crazy looking taped up hose within a month. Asking for advice doesn't help if you don't listen to it.
                        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                          You'll have a crazy looking taped up hose within a month. Asking for advice doesn't help if you don't listen to it.
                          Good spanking Sailor !
                          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by appletondrain View Post
                            That’s funny as HE!! I don’t tell my wife when I buy big ticket tools either.

I just make sure I buy her something nice 2 -3 times a year.

In my defense I don’t buy thing I can’t make money with of sell for more than I paid for it.

I did but a new to me millermatic 200 welder it sits right next to the wife 4Runner drivers door and she has yet to notice it.

Oh by the way congrats on the new jetter. You will love it.
                            That's hilarious that she hasn't noticed yet. Thanks on the congrats

Comment

Right on rick,thanks for that story.
                              as far as the foot pedal I just bought 1before I read this post and the jumper hoses and quick connects. So I am listening.
                              Besides if rick can jet without a foot pedal so can I.
                              See pics for proof
                              Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                              I didn't ask rick for advice on the taping of hose he suggested it.
                              I also don't remember him suggesting a 10 ft. Warning. But hey I could be wrong. Smile.
                              Thanks again,all you guys are awesome.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by theplungerman; 12-08-2012, 01:33 AM.

Comment

I'm stoked''' John at jnw helped me today dial it in. I'm getting 4kpsi and just under 7gpm on the warthog and 4kpsi and just over 5.5 gpm on the root ranger.
                                I'm very very happy I went with jnw. They stand by their product and are there to assist you in every way and I never felt like I was being rushed when I asked a bazzilion questions. Before I bought and after.
                                Going to wifes Christmas party tonight. Hope she doesn't feel like dancing to much tonight.
                                Thanks for letting me share.
                                Robert

Comment

Working...
                                X