X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Eagle Has Landed

First time you hit a joint you'll be stuck.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Stuck yeah, but with a wiggle push pull (and water off) it will come back. I'm taking straight shot or no more than an 1/8. I think rick the guru should try it and tell us how it went.
      Last edited by theplungerman; 12-12-2012, 11:12 PM.

Comment

why are you running the extra length of the extension? why not just the 1/4'' mip x 3/8'' fip and if need be the 45.

i've never tried the 45 adapter, but i have tried the double barrel root ranger in a 3'' line and comby got it in and cleared the line and got it back out. bill thought i was nuts

on dead end wyes with roots, i just insert my camera and hand place the nozzle exactly where i need it. pull the camera back and let it rip. a little twisting and wham bam thank you mam

make sure to take some pictures/ video. even if you just cell video your live screen.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
          why are you running the extra length of the extension? why not just the 1/4'' mip x 3/8'' fip and if need be the 45.

i've never tried the 45 adapter, but i have tried the double barrel root ranger in a 3'' line and comby got it in and cleared the line and got it back out. bill thought i was nuts

on dead end wyes with roots, i just insert my camera and hand place the nozzle exactly where i need it. pull the camera back and let it rip. a little twisting and wham bam thank you mam

make sure to take some pictures/ video. even if you just cell video your live screen.

rick.
          The 45 won't screw in w/o an adapter, it hits the brass colored part of the rr, maybe I can remove that then put back on after the 45. I tried the twist and turn, was good but not great. Maybe I didn't try hard enough.
          I'm gonna go for it. That is if it isn't to deep or under a pool deck, lol.

Comment

robert, i told you never to smile while jetting and to always use a foot pedal

see what happens when you don't listen to me

how many did you lose when that nozzle of your's pulled out

next time listen. or you'll be eating through a straw.

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Very funny, good one.

Comment

Rick...you joking about robert's teeth?
                Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by theplungerman View Post
                  What do you think for getting roots out of now flowing wyes. Also for extra huge roots. It slid down this 4inch abs nicely, and back fine. If I yanked on it right I could get it stuck but quickly unstuck as well. This of course when you know for sure you have a straight shot.
                  What do I know,But - That set up looks like a heartache in reverse! If a section of terra cotta has dropped down , how wouldn't it hang up coming back ? Beautiful Machine .
                  I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                    What do I know,But - That set up looks like a heartache in reverse! If a section of terra cotta has dropped down , how wouldn't it hang up coming back ? Beautiful Machine .
                    Thanks, I wouldnt put it down unless i knew it was a clean and straight shot via a camera shot. i can see it getting stuck, but a push pull wiggle jiggle should do it. when the situation presents itself as doable, im going for it.

Comment

• Re: The Eagle Has Landed

I'm having drama trying to determine what is an acceptable position for my camera in relation to my jetter nozzles. I've read 10 feet behind, a foot behind, or around a bend just behind. I've also read taping camera just ahead of root ranger.
                      I'm also wondering what kind of pressure does it take to tear it up. If I throttle down, it's around 1700psi, is that enough to damage camera.
                      I like the thought of taping camera to root ranger but man that's a lot of pressure. I have 4kpsi. I've read if the cable is shiny you don't need to be worried. My camera cable isn't shiny any more but is only 2 years old.
                      I want to get faster. I did a job today and I know I took longer than it should.
                      Robert

Comment

robert, the seal at the lens is what will get ruined with high pressure water blast. also the wiring inside the spring/ sonde will get torn apart.

i tend to keep my camera 10' back of the root ranger or around a bend. when the flow is off, i push to the problem area and then pull my nozzle right to the issue. then move my camera.

my 1/2'' hose i have a jet camera carrier. this allows the camera to stay about 2' in front of the jet. spring carrier plus the camera spring. but that only works when the line is open and fairly clean. the jet nozzle is not a great cleaner. more of a rocket.

rick.
                        phoebe it is

Comment

Thanks Rick, So the root ranger won't hurt the cable. Or am I taking a chance. Jet nozzle? Is that a root ranger?

Comment

When I tape the camera to the hose, I tape about 10" where the spray hits. Reason I know this is because I've seen the ranger in clear pvc. In long runs, I won't tape it as it makes the rotation to difficult. I overshoot the roots with the ranger, push the camera to the roots, pull backuntil the nozzle is about 4" away, then push the camera foward.
                            Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by theplungerman View Post
                              Thanks Rick, So the root ranger won't hurt the cable. Or am I taking a chance. Jet nozzle? Is that a root ranger?
                              it will under the wrong conditions. when grit, sand, area drain piping is jetted and the root ranger blast the debris back at several hundred mph, the jetter will act as a sand blaster.

it's just a matter of time when the sand and grit will tear up the push rod. i've ruined jetter hoses in just 1 use when doing lines that contain abrasive material.

a normal jet nozzle like a 4 rear will be much less aggressive to the hose and camera cable. but as you know, the root ranger is the most aggressive nozzle out there and it's capable of destroying anything that sits in the rear jet wash.

you could try wrapping the cable near the rotor, but no guarantee it will protect the push rod.

rick.
                              phoebe it is

Comment

Thanks gear and Rick.
                                Gear ricks got me scared. I'll play it safe for now and try to pay attention to the basics.
                                Like making sure the reels pin is in.
                                You would think that would be covered in jetting 101 school, (which it wasn't) or maybe that's covered in jetting 201
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X