Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Eagle Has Landed

Thanks Rick,
    Ben (gear junkie) please share,
    I don't have 18 gpm, I have a similar pusher type nozzle, I wonder if that would have worked. I think it's possible I was washing the top if a 45. And I did have flow, but come to think of it maybe not at the spot as it did have a tiny opening. But maybe not enough for 6gpm.
    I was thinking Rick and his trailer Jeter with 18 gpm would work.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
      Why didn't you camera the line once you cleared it?
      I didn't clear it. I restored flow. And I did, the camera wouldn't go through. What's this root ranger fiberglass forward thing rick mentioned.

Comment

I understand "restoring flow" means you got the water to drop....so why didn't you send the camera in to see what you were up against?
        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by theplungerman View Post
          I didn't clear it. I restored flow. And I did, the camera wouldn't go through. What's this root ranger fiberglass forward thing rick mentioned.
          Been telling you that I'll come out and show what can be done with just a small jetter and some skills. You got top notch equipment, let me know when you want me to show you how to use it.
          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Been telling you that I'll come out and show what can be done with just a small jetter and some skills. You got top notch equipment, let me know when you want me to show you how to use it.
            Told you I would, but so far every job I have gotten has been on the spot.
            Today for instance, plumber calls me, he and customer are standing there @ 3 in afternoon on sat, I'm not gonna say hey can you wait till this guy 2 hours away,(I was there in 10 min) no traffic can come show me how to use this.
            I've had excellent results until today, and until rick mentioned a forward spraying root ranger I haven't heard that until today. I've read about a port in front, (I have that)
            I have read at least 1/2 of ALL the drain clearing threads that includes jetting and haven't read your contraption yet.

In fact I was under the impression that with a warthog and rr I was gonna kick button on all root blockages, those with at least some flow.
            And the best way to learn is hands on, from what you learn from others that know.
            With all due respect, I don't need,(or at least want) someone to come and hold my jetter hose.
            I want to be told what and how and let me learn that way. The way this forum generally works.
            You can show someone how to snake a main with roots, but until you hold that cable with your own hands you won't learn.
            I'm a self taught plumber. I'm 53, been clearing drains for 30 years, I was the guy in a 30 truck co. they would call when someone was stuck.
            This is the kind of blockage that only comes up every 3 months or so.
            I would love to show you my new jetter, I know you want to see it. As you are intersted in my specs.
            I'm not blowing you off.
            When I schedule a job for the next day, I'll give you a shout out. But not if you upset me one more time. You son are skating on thin ice.
            Hope we are cool.

Comment

I understand "restoring flow" means you got the water to drop....so why didn't you send the camera in to see what you were up against?
              I did,
              A disjointed joint, offset up, at least an inch, huge impaction of roots, at an 1/8 bend at least and at least a 6 ft drop in 8 lateral ft, from my bad spot to city. H/o is short on dough and plumber was also rooting me on. I think i was washing the top of a joint.
              I'm gonna follow up on this.
              From my experience when you have 1 person living in a house, and a very aggressive fall you have the makings for the worst kind of root infestation, they get drainage for years and years because only one person doesn't use enough water for it to back up before it strains through. But you probably know that.

I had this customer who had fire blocks pounded down their sewer from 5ft about slab to 3ft under for over 25 years till they asked me to remedy this upstairs toilet plugging up to much problem ,no camera then, but still it didn't take rocket science to make the call to open the wall.
              But yet I digress.
              Last edited by theplungerman; 01-06-2013, 04:23 AM.

Comment

Ding ding ding, I searched push rods, pushpullrods.com: Buy Push Pull Rods & Accessories
                And thought about it for a bit, and figured it out. 2 90,s and a push rod.
                So who do I thank now rick or Ben, or both, and I'll say both. Hugs for both too.
                Kids are having a sleep over and making to much noise that's why I'm still awake. And Ben hurting my feelers.

Comment

Robert, before you buy the wrong pushrod, you need to understand that a rootranger requires a stiff fiberglass rod. I use both 5/16" & 3/8" solid glass 200-300' reels. They are also coated to prevent wear. Similar to your camera cable, but stiffer and almost as expensive.

Figure $700-1000. Investment. Never said jetting equipment was cheap.

Rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

Thanks Rick. So where you buy your push rods.
                    Thanks again

Comment

Plumber just called, the dig up is scheduled for Tuesday, I will be down there for the cut. I will then lie what the circumstances were to save face. Just kidding about lying, so check back Tuesday nite.
                      Anyone know where to get the best price on a push rod.
                      I'm thinking 100ft, certainly not 300. My reason is I only see using it through a clean out. And there either is one at least 100ft w/i city or I'll sell them one.
                      Or should I get at least 200 and why?
                      Your comments and suggestions are appreciated.
                      Smile.

Comment

i doubt they even sell a 100 fiberglass push rod. heck the reel wil cost more.

get a price on a 200-300' one. plus if you break or wear the rod at the front end, there's plenty to still use with a new end glued on.

ben just purchased 1 and has a good contact for them. i have several, but it's been years since i bought 1.

they're also great for sending a 512hz. sonde down the line with no camera. or for string rope for a backwards jet pull.

rick.
                        phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by theplungerman View Post
                          When I schedule a job for the next day, I'll give you a shout out. But not if you upset me one more time. You son are skating on thin ice.
                          Hope we are cool.
                          Their are 2 people in this world who can call me "son".....you're not one of them. Don't get it twisted....want to figure it out on your own....go for it.
                          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Their are 2 people in this world who can call me "son".....you're not one of them. Don't get it twisted....want to figure it out on your own....go for it.
                            Sorry my bad, are you a young man though? Smile.
                            I appreciate this forum and all who participate.
                            I have a job in mind im hoping i can get you out on. So you can show me your mad skills.
                            also with that in mind,Im also gonna be at that job that ended not cleared this Tue.
                            You are welcome. There are some no brainer spots that need washed away, plus i cant wait to see what I couldn't get.
                            The crew is supposed to be there going at it at 7am, 5.5 ft deep and concrete im thinking 10. That's when I'm gonna be there. Hope you can show up and find out I'm not a butt head. Peace, pm me.
                            Last edited by theplungerman; 01-07-2013, 11:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                              i doubt they even sell a 100 fiberglass push rod. heck the reel wil cost more.

get a price on a 200-300' one. plus if you break or wear the rod at the front end, there's plenty to still use with a new end glued on.

ben just purchased 1 and has a good contact for them. i have several, but it's been years since i bought 1.

they're also great for sending a 512hz. sonde down the line with no camera. or for string rope for a backwards jet pull.

rick.
                              Push rod is now on my list of must haves. Thanks for the reply.

Comment

With info from rick,ben, and some other posts I made up this forward facing root ranger.
                                Surely now no clog will stand a chance.
                                It's needs some refinement, ie a shorter nipple to make the bends, and maybe some clamps or more tape, depends on how far it needs to go.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X