Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I hope you guys weren't screwing with me

Originally posted by theplungerman View Post
    My goodness, is there -1- thing you don't know about plumbing.
    Modesty.
    AllurePlumbing.com
    • leak detection
    • drain cleaning
    • utility locating
    • conductor fault locating
    • and other specialties.

Greensboro NC, Winston-Salem NC, High Point NC, Thomasville NC, Kernersville NC

Comment

Originally posted by Gettinit View Post
      Modesty.

My comment was a compliment, did it come off that way?
      Last edited by theplungerman; 01-02-2013, 11:16 PM.

Comment

I went the other way. I had a K-60 and went to a 7500, I ordered mine the first year they came out, The catalog still showed the suitcase model, and when I got it was the new model I called about it and they told me that they had changed the design after printing the catalog, it looked good so I kept it. It had plenty of power, was light to handle, and worked good. I did have a few customers ask if I had a bigger machine,they would say the other guy had a larger machine,I told them that was because this one didn't have the carriage that it had the same size motor but was light enough that it didn't need wheels. I was happy with it till the back bearing froze up. I called RidGid and they told my to send it back for an upgrade, they sent it back with 2 grease fittings installed and all was well but the back needed constant cleaning or it would gunk up in back with grease and any root that I had missed. Then I had problems with people putting things like computers and water beds by the clean out with no out side clean out I had to run it with the cable guide wrapped around me. But for mush you use the dual cables and you cant beat it unless you use a jetter .I used it to take the biggest root out of a line I ever took 28 ft along with a 17 ft and a 10 ft all from one line at one time I must admit I had to pull the cable out by hand some of the way. They may be made deferent now so they don't clog so bad, but just keep it clean in back and you will have a machine that can handle most anything and I grew up with the EEL C and the RidGid 1500 running 1 1/4" cable.

Comment

How did you run the foot switch ?

Comment

Originally posted by theplungerman View Post
            Rick you jet from roof? Cuz I was thinking of offering it?
            I put my go 68 on its back on ground and pull the cable thru the ladder rails, then auto feed it back with a come along, made to stick in vent, while smoking a cig, we'll when I used to smoke, it's almost my favorite part of the job, next to loading it back in with a winch,,,
            how did you work the foot switch ?

Comment

I've seen plumbers run an extension cord up to the roof and use that to control the power.

Rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
              X