Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hope you guys weren't screwing with me

But it came in today. We shall see how it goes
    No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Re: I hope you guys weren't screwing with me

Comment

Hot damm I'm off to invest in Simple Green and tarp companies!

(P.S. All I have is a sectional. )

Comment

My back wasn't thrilled with the idea of loading a 7500 into my pickup. And the price was right. So, I thought I'd give it a go. Also, since I've spent the money, one way or another it will do until It pays for itself
        No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Originally posted by MoJourneyman View Post
          My back wasn't thrilled with the idea of loading a 7500 into my pickup. And the price was right. So, I thought I'd give it a go. Also, since I've spent the money, one way or another it will do until It pays for itself
          It will be great for you. Safer, quicker control, lighter, smaller, can only take a few cables if that's all you need, use different size cables, etc. etc. All with one machine.

I won't sugar coat negatives of one though. Messier on the front and back end, handling more cable, clicking and unclicking cable, etc. etc.

Comment

I've always been a big fan of cleaning drains from rooftops. Couldn't do that with the 7500

Comment

I've always been a big fan of cleaning drains from rooftops. Couldn't do that with the 7500
              I do not know why people say this. I have run my 1065 through roof vents.
              AllurePlumbing.com
              • leak detection
              • drain cleaning
              • utility locating
              • conductor fault locating
              • and other specialties.

Greensboro NC, Winston-Salem NC, High Point NC, Thomasville NC, Kernersville NC

Comment

We often run into situations where it is the best option as well. I've seen it done with drums from the ground. But often with enough rigging they were just as likely or more likely to bust their *** and be less safe in operation. Is that my putty in the corner?! Always seem to be misplacing it.....

Comment

Were you running pipe off the vent? I've used my sink machine on the roof, but piping over for a big drum seemed like more effort than it was worth

Comment

mo, do you really think i and all the others were pulling your leg

i've got more machines than days of the month. and my #1 go to machine is the k-60. now if the k-60 is not for you, i'll trade you a 7500 for the k-60.

read the k-60 threads and ask/ post questions. it takes a little feel and you'll be a pro.

#1, toss out the cable key and get a tapered scratch awl for your cable tool and handle lock.

#2, get some cheap harbor freight welding gloves. 3 pack for #11.00 works great.

more to come. phoebe needs to go to bed.

rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

More of a way to show off my new toy than anything rick. I'm not spending that kind of money unless i'm reasonably confident in the outcome

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                      mo, do you really think i and all the others were pulling your leg

i've got more machines than days of the month. and my #1 go to machine is the k-60. now if the k-60 is not for you, i'll trade you a 7500 for the k-60.

read the k-60 threads and ask/ post questions. it takes a little feel and you'll be a pro.

#1, toss out the cable key and get a tapered scratch awl for your cable tool and handle lock.

#2, get some cheap harbor freight welding gloves. 3 pack for #11.00 works great.

more to come. phoebe needs to go to bed.

rick.

Comment

remember that the machine, cable and cutters are designed for high speed and not high torque cutting.

if you primarily run into roots, i find the 3'' and 4'' rotary saw blades are the best. they work great in both forward rotation and if need be reverse rotation direction. don't worry about running the machine in reverse. 50% of my snaking is run in reverse with no issues at all. but keep in mind that reverse rotation will cause the loose cable to auto feed into the pipe. forward will help to remove the cable.

keep the cable pin connectors oiled as needed. especially the 5/8'' cable pins.

let the cutters do the work. don't try to get into a tug of war until you have the feel of the machine and cables.

read and ask, it's a great machine for a reason.

rick.
                        phoebe it is

Comment

Is that one of those honey hole augers??....
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Gettinit View Post
                            I do not know why people say this. I have run my 1065 through roof vents.

In almost 3 years I've yet to go on a roof to clear a blockage except for a few plugged vents.

And yes I do get them ALL open.

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
                              In almost 3 years I've yet to go on a roof to clear a blockage except for a few plugged vents.

And yes I do get them ALL open.

I hope you never have to. There has been those times for me.
                              AllurePlumbing.com
                              • leak detection
                              • drain cleaning
                              • utility locating
                              • conductor fault locating
                              • and other specialties.

Greensboro NC, Winston-Salem NC, High Point NC, Thomasville NC, Kernersville NC

Comment

Working...
                              X