Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my new project

Hello again,

So after buying a jetter with 10 gpm at 1500 psi ( somebody was telling me that this choice was wrong).

I am onest it is or was not the best choice, but it works quite good. Our 8 gpm at 3000 Psi runs a little bit better.

So now I am building or making an cheap jetting truck, it is because here in spain we have a lot of jetting vans and people get very impresive when thay see an jetting truck, In a lot of works they ask: Oh, you are not coming with the big jetting truck,and we tell: No, but we will do the job exactly the same or better.
    A lot of people do not believe and sometimes if it take more time than 1 hour they are telling: Exactly if i would call the jetting truck he will do it in less than 1 hour.

This is the story.

So I have bought a second hand truck with 500 gallons of watertank and an jetting-firebrigade unit with 25-30 gpm at 300 psi, and a 1" light weight hose, i have test it in the man sewer and for only flushing it runs Ok.

Now I want to put something small on it for 4-6" lines in house.

What could you recomendme , have in mind tha we have a lot of bends here in spain in the drainpipes normaly 3-4 in a short distance. I am thinking something for 1/4 hose with 3000 Psi and 4-5 Gpm ?

Please give your opinion about my truck and the machine I need.

Thank you and Nice Christmas to all

Re: my new project

why not just duplicate the 8gpm at 3000 that you already have and works good.

remember that with 1/4'' hose you will have pressure drop at the end of that hose and depending on the total length, it might be too much of a drop to even give you 2000 at the nozzle.

you can jump up to 3500-4000# and the drop will still give you the 2500-3000 at the nozzle you were looking for.

8 gpm is too much for 1/4'' hose. but ok for 3/8'' hose.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

I have not enough moeny to do this, the only option i have is some cart jetter and fiz it on the truck.

I have had on the 8 gpm 3000 psi an 164 feet 3/8 hose and than i have an 1/4 hose of 65 feet which i connect to. It works very nice.

So which will be the best option .
      I can take the ridgid Kj 2200 petrol jetter
      or an 5 gpm jetter with 3000 psi 14 Ps Kohler motor
      or an 4 gpm jetter with 4000 psi and 13 ps honda.

Could you tell me rick which will have the real psi and gallons and which will be best choice.

?? And what about my jetter truck with only 300 psi ?
      Last edited by spanien; 12-16-2012, 05:01 PM. Reason: 1

Comment

of the 3, i would chose the 4000 psi. but the 13 hp will not put out 4 gpm as it's too much of a load on the engine. you will either do 3500 tops at 4 gpm. as the pressure goes up, the engine rpm will drop and this will drop the gpm.

your 300 psi jetter truck will be good for putting out a camp fire. pretty useless for jetting pipe unless it's just a paper stoppage in clean pipe.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Ok, so we forget the fire brigate unit. So now I am looking what will be the best choice for small and big drains with the same machine.

How you are dpoing it Rick ??? Did your jetter have 2 reels or how you manage it with a small hose in a house.

You are telling me that 8 gpm is too much for an 1/4 hose what are you doing with your trailer jetter ?

Ans i have 2 option more:

8 Gpm at 3000 psi 20 p Honda

6 gpm at 3500 Psi 20 Hp Honda

5 gpm at 4000 psi 20 Hp Honda
          Last edited by spanien; 12-17-2012, 06:09 PM. Reason: 1

Comment

Originally posted by spanien View Post
            Hello again,

So after buying a jetter with 10 gpm at 1500 psi ( somebody was telling me that this choice was wrong).

I am onest it is or was not the best choice, but it works quite good. Our 8 gpm at 3000 Psi runs a little bit better.
            Why ask for advice that you didn't follow to begin with?
            Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by spanien View Post
              Ok, so we forget the fire brigate unit. So now I am looking what will be the best choice for small and big drains with the same machine.

How you are dpoing it Rick ??? Did your jetter have 2 reels or how you manage it with a small hose in a house.

You are telling me that 8 gpm is too much for an 1/4 hose what are you doing with your trailer jetter ?

Ans i have 2 option more:

8 Gpm at 3000 psi 20 p Honda

6 gpm at 3500 Psi 20 Hp Honda

5 gpm at 4000 psi 20 Hp Honda
              actually i have 3 perminatly mounted reels that are wireless remote control of water on and off and engine kill.

the main hydraulic reel is 4000# @ 18 gpm with 500' of 1/2'' hose.

the secondary reels are manual rewind. 3/8'' x 300' and 1/4'' x 250'.

then i have plenty of jumper hoses and some smaller 3/16'' and 1/8'' hoses.

along with dozens of nozzles and adapters to tackle any job.

i would probably chose the 6 gpm at 3500. perfect for 1/4'' hose or the 5 at 4000.

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

So at the end, I have checked the prices in the country I normaly buy and they have gone up.

So I have only this 3 Options.

14 Hp Kohler 5.5 gpm at 3000 psi

13hp Honda 5.5 gpm at 3000 psi

10 hp Briggs 3.96 gpm at 3000 psi.

I think myself the best choice will be the first one.

Will it be good still doing some job in 6" drains. I think to less water for a big pipe like this.

And another dealer have told me that he rally recomend me this jetters for maximum of 4" drains, over it have to be 8 Gpm or more, and the pressure is not so important in bigger pipes.

Comment

between those three, i would take the 14 hp kohler. but i would still like to see 3500- 4000 at the pump. remember the nozzle pressure will be less based on hose size and length.

what happened to the 20 hp models?

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

the 20 Ho models are to expensive, the prices has gone up since last year.

I can get a second hand hotwater jetter for very low money . 4 gpm 3000 psi.

Is it a difference to have hot water did it help for unblocking?

Comment

for frozen pipes and grease.

now if you can get it hot enough, it will kill roots too.

rick.
                      phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                      X