X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Favorite 1/4" machine?

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
    Ridgid K-45AF.
    I don't like guns, to hard to operate on a hard clog, thats IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by theplungerman View Post
      That's what I'm talking about but in the Gorlitz make. What's that dome rubber thing in the picture of the k40. Roflol
      Its just clicked on way to next job.
      This is a Ridgid forum.
      Sorry.
      Ridgid is awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by theplungerman View Post
        I don't like guns, to hard to operate on a hard clog, thats IMHO.

One hand on the snout/autofeed and the other on the pistol grip, squeeze the trigger & away we go..........................

Couldn't be much easier.

Comment

I am crazy about my Electric Eel CT
          Variable speed , guild hose , auto feed ,
          No mess to clean at all hands are even clean
          I run a 5/16 cable

Comment

Power Spin

Comment

robert, i see very little abs. probably because most of my work is on plugged drains and roots. abs seldom plugs compared to cast and durham. plus clay for outside sewers.

abs installed properly will give years of trouble free service.

but i will take you up on the burgers and tacos.

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

K 45 af.

Comment

i have used the spartan model 81 for sinks, tubs, laundry drains, floor drains and roof vents. it uses 50 ft of 5/16" i love it and they can take a beating

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                    robert, i see very little abs. probably because most of my work is on plugged drains and roots. abs seldom plugs compared to cast and durham. plus clay for outside sewers.

abs installed properly will give years of trouble free service.

but i will take you up on the burgers and tacos.

rick.
                    I was just kidding, smile.
                    So we got a deal? Smile

Comment

One hand on the snout/autofeed and the other on the pistol grip, squeeze the trigger & away we go..........................

Couldn't be much easier.
                      There are tons and tons of very old apt building here in long beach ca. With very tight traps etc. So I don't want to have to hold x amount while trying to get through.
                      I'm sure it's easy when it's easy.
                      I tried a gun way back when I was new. So that probably has a lot to do with it.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                        you beat me to the punch.

both of those machines get a workout in my truck. except i have a k-39af instead of the newer k-45. problem is i have a fleet of k-39's.

now if the original poster is interested in a milwaukee drill snake, i have a real milwaukee i bought new in 1975 at the age of 12-13 and used it for several years until i discovered that the all metal drum is not a good choice for a drum. i did like the jacobs style chuck and converted 1 of my older k-38's into a drill chuck. allows me to spin any cable to its entire length and fight any trap or stoppage. problem is you need to handle the cable and it's slower to feed in and out.

still have it with the case. it's a 9 out of 10 for condition. even has the toilet auger guide tube adapter.

milwaukee discontinued the machine years ago.

but for all out inside drain cleaning, a k-50 with 5/8'' sectional cables and choice of cutters can't be beat by anything out there.

nothing like running a shower or laundry drain with 5/8'' cable and a 4 blade cutter trap and all.

rick.
                        Milwaukee may have discontinued it but I don't think Spartan has. Drain Cable Model 700 | Spartan Tool

There are a lot of great suggestions here. As an employee, I don't make much per drain call and the company isn't really supplying small drain equipment. I think my budget is under $200, more like $150 or less. I want to stockpile some better stuff for when I get my license but don't want to take much risk if someone else is getting the profit.

Rick, I'd love to buy you lunch one day for a ride along.

Comment

Originally posted by JK949 View Post
                          Milwaukee may have discontinued it but I don't think Spartan has. Drain Cable Model 700 | Spartan Tool

There are a lot of great suggestions here. As an employee, I don't make much per drain call and the company isn't really supplying small drain equipment. I think my budget is under $200, more like $150 or less. I want to stockpile some better stuff for when I get my license but don't want to take much risk if someone else is getting the profit.

chris, robert / theplungerman did jetting 101 and 101.1 in 2 days over a week period.

jetting is usually something i schedule, while snaking is typically on an emergency basis. never know when it's a snaking day or a plumbing day.

jetting i know a week in advance typically.

let me know what you might want to do and i'll make it happen.

double double and a shake works

rick.
                          phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by JK949 View Post

Pistol rodders without a power feed blow azz. You need to be a monkey to operate one

Comment

I'd like to try a power feed, but I've cleared drains without one or a working chuck.

I think a plastic drum would be less likely to chip porcelain in case of accidental contact. On my Spartan, I sprayed the drum innards with rust inhibitor and bedliner, made for happy cables.

Comment

Pistol rodders without a power feed blow azz. You need to be a monkey to operate one
                                If your hands are big enough, you just hold the machine with your right hand around the body of the "drill", throttle it with your little finger and feed cable with the other hand. I've used the Milwaukee and hated it. I prefer the plastic drums just incase you get it too close to something. I remember seeing some drill snake that had a shoulder strap that attached to the front of the machine.

When I started, the machines we used didn't have retrievers, foot pedals or reverse. To reverse the direction of the cable you'd spin the reel backwards and then hit the switch after you got it going good.

Comment

Working...
                                X