X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite 1/4" machine?

My Spartan/Milwaukee died and cannot be repaired. I want to replace it but I'll be looking at used options. What do you like? What have you hated and why?

Re: Favorite 1/4" machine?

K50 is my choice. Used to like the k39 but feel better with the k50. Looks more professional with the customer and I can do a much better job with the sectional cable.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Go 15,, without the flex leader,. Light as can be, it's almost fun using it. I used to use the go 380/250,and switch drums from 3/8 to 1/4. Just got the 15 to go with the 50, With a feeder and enclosed drum(I'm getting old and tired of yanking back 75 ft of cable thru old plumbing)

Comment

Suggest you look at the K45AF if drill-drum is what you're after.

Otherwise for small drains, K50 is tops in my book.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark7 View Post
          Suggest you look at the K45AF if drill-drum is what you're after.

Otherwise for small drains, K50 is tops in my book.
          you beat me to the punch.

both of those machines get a workout in my truck. except i have a k-39af instead of the newer k-45. problem is i have a fleet of k-39's.

now if the original poster is interested in a milwaukee drill snake, i have a real milwaukee i bought new in 1975 at the age of 12-13 and used it for several years until i discovered that the all metal drum is not a good choice for a drum. i did like the jacobs style chuck and converted 1 of my older k-38's into a drill chuck. allows me to spin any cable to its entire length and fight any trap or stoppage. problem is you need to handle the cable and it's slower to feed in and out.

still have it with the case. it's a 9 out of 10 for condition. even has the toilet auger guide tube adapter.

milwaukee discontinued the machine years ago.

but for all out inside drain cleaning, a k-50 with 5/8'' sectional cables and choice of cutters can't be beat by anything out there.

nothing like running a shower or laundry drain with 5/8'' cable and a 4 blade cutter trap and all.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

All you sectional users are starting to wear on me. Come on drums users, chime in.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
              you beat me to the punch.

both of those machines get a workout in my truck. except i have a k-39af instead of the newer k-45. problem is i have a fleet of k-39's.

now if the original poster is interested in a milwaukee drill snake, i have a real milwaukee i bought new in 1975 at the age of 12-13 and used it for several years until i discovered that the all metal drum is not a good choice for a drum. i did like the jacobs style chuck and converted 1 of my older k-38's into a drill chuck. allows me to spin any cable to its entire length and fight any trap or stoppage. problem is you need to handle the cable and it's slower to feed in and out.

still have it with the case. it's a 9 out of 10 for condition. even has the toilet auger guide tube adapter.

milwaukee discontinued the machine years ago.

but for all out inside drain cleaning, a k-50 with 5/8'' sectional cables and choice of cutters can't be beat by anything out there.

nothing like running a shower or laundry drain with 5/8'' cable and a 4 blade cutter trap and all.

rick.
              A metal drum is fine for a drum. Better than the arm biting s@!t slinger used on the Ridgid.

Comment

Originally posted by theplungerman View Post
                All you sectional users are starting to wear on me. Come on drums users, chime in.
                robert, next week sectional 101 and you'll be sold.

we can use all 3 i keep in the truck. the k-50, k-60 and timberwolf 1.25''.

jetter and sectional and i'll make you a new drain man

in n out double double and a chocolate shake.

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

Like My General Super Vee
                  I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                    robert, next week sectional 101 and you'll be sold.

we can use all 3 i keep in the truck. the k-50, k-60 and timberwolf 1.25''.

jetter and sectional and i'll make you a new drain man

in n out double double and a chocolate shake.

rick.
                    I don't know rick, I'm already the bombdigaly when it comes to drains. There is a reason why I've never seen one on any trucks around here. I don't know exactly why. Maybe it's all that new abs you only snake has given you a false sense of confidence. Roflol.

Comment

Originally posted by theplungerman View Post
                      I don't know rick, I'm already the bombdigaly when it comes to drains. There is a reason why I've never seen one on any trucks around here. I don't know exactly why. Maybe it's all that new abs you only snake has given you a false sense of confidence. Roflol.
                      Besides I've spent mucho dollars the past few months. Maybe you can lend me a set for a couple months, I'll give them a shot. I'll buy that in and out order when I pick the set up then a jack in the box order when I drop them back off.

Comment

I LIKE MY D18 FROM TROJAN

WITH TWO BATTERY'S AND A POWER FEED, I CAN DO ANY INSIDE DRAIN AND I DON'T NEED TO PLUG IN !
                        JERRYMAC
                        E-MAILJERRYMAC777@GMAIL.COM
                        CALIF. LIC. PLBG,HEAT,DRAINS,ELECTRIC,WATER HEATER, BOILER, POOL AND SPA HEATER
                        FIRE SPRINKLER CONTRACTOR,
                        SINCE JAN. 1989

Comment

I like my Ridgid K-40. Only because its versatile, clean and quiet.

Comment

Ridgid K-45AF.

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                              I like my Ridgid K-40. Only because its versatile, clean and quiet.
                              That's what I'm talking about but in the Gorlitz make. What's that dome rubber thing in the picture of the k40. Roflol

Comment

Working...
                              X