Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What Would You Get?

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
    Don't buy a thing...just keep using that I95 you got. If you really need to apply the torque, get a general innercore but that's all I'd do. If you have multiple lines to clean, make a 30' guide hose and just keep the cables connected. The 1-1/4 eel cable is great and physically easiest out of the drum or k60 or k50 but it takes a while, connecting those cables.
    Problem is the I95 will never be on this truck. So I need around 30' of controllable sections (no fifteen footers) and a drill setup. I do not want long sections at all. Doesn't have to be 1-1/4" cable. Could be 7/8". Just everyone's experience I've read about is with 1-1/4".

Eel cables hard to connect and disconnect? I'm open to other decent cables with similar lengths (less than 10' and some short sections for control) but I do need a way to drive them in the drill.

Comment

Then look at the electric eel J cable setup. They're hard to connect and disconnect when new.
      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by BobsPlumbing View Post
        Problem is the I95 will never be on this truck. So I need around 30' of controllable sections (no fifteen footers) and a drill setup. I do not want long sections at all. Doesn't have to be 1-1/4" cable. Could be 7/8". Just everyone's experience I've read about is with 1-1/4".

Eel cables hard to connect and disconnect? I'm open to other decent cables with similar lengths (less than 10' and some short sections for control) but I do need a way to drive them in the drill.

Very easy to connect/disconnect just spray some WD-40 on them once in awhile as they are a PITA when they start rusting.

Comment

Ok. If I go with the J Cable, what's needed to drive it with a drill?

Same shaft & coupling? SC-10, SC-12, RP316118.

Or different?

Comment

SC10 is for the 1-1/4...for the j cable it'll be different but I don't know it. I had my SC12 machined but I know rick used a simple bolt and roll pin.
            Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

SJ-7 is the adapter for anyone's interest.

Comment

Ok. If I go with the J Cable, what's needed to drive it with a drill?

Same shaft & coupling? SC-10, SC-12, RP316118.

Or different?

Why not drive it with one of your handy hand spinners

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
                  Why not drive it with one of your handy hand spinners
                  Those are too busy. Walking out with checks faster than others can decide which of their Ridgid K-Dumb pistol rodders to use.

Comment

Those are too busy. Walking out with checks faster than others can decide which of their Ridgid K-Dumb pistol rodders to use.

K-Sissy, K-Stupid & now we have the K-Dumb

Comment

Working...
                    X