Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

How To Post Images

Want to know the how to upload images to your posts? Image Posting Tutorial
See more
See less

What Would You Get?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What Would You Get?

    This is the only criteria:

    30' or less to snake every time. Not any further.
    3"-4" of varying pipes.
    Never any roots. Period.
    Only soft stoppages.

    Thanks.

  • #2
    Re: What Would You Get?

    A bag full of assorted test plugs, 200' hose & a canvas blow bag



    Really...........................

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: What Would You Get?

      Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
      A bag full of assorted test plugs, 200' hose & a canvas blow bag



      Really...........................
      Yes, really.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: What Would You Get?

        i have a similar job with 2- 6'' mains to the alley. 1 in the garage and the other in the courtyard. i carry 3- 10' sections of 1.25'', a 50' cord, a timberwolf and a 4x6'' spring cutter since the c/o is only 4''. from parking to leaving it's 45 minutes. 1 c/o is on the ground and the other is 5' up the wall.

        do this as a preventative every 3 months.

        you can subsitue a a k-60 with 2-15' cable or a drill adapter. pretty simple.

        rick.
        phoebe it is

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: What Would You Get?

          Can you get 5' sections? And any part numbers for cables & drill adapters? Probably order soon.

          Thanks.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: What Would You Get?

            Anyone see anything wrong with this list?

            General Wire 4LHDS x 3
            General Wire 8LHD x 2
            Electric Eel SC-12
            Electric Eel SC-10
            Electric Eel RP316118
            Electric Eel SC-18
            Electric Eel U4H
            Electric Eel UC3

            Thanks.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: What Would You Get?

              Are you making this purchase based on the criteria you gave us?
              Buy cheap, buy twice.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: What Would You Get?

                Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                Are you making this purchase based on the criteria you gave us?
                Yes. Need:

                Short distance run.
                Control (Shorter cables)
                Run with drill.

                Tell me if I'm way off base. Thanks.

                Thanks.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: What Would You Get?

                  Xray... Xray... Planet Earth To Bob.............. Come in Bob...................... Over...............

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: What Would You Get?

                    Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
                    Xray... Xray... Planet Earth To Bob.............. Come in Bob...................... Over...............
                    Don't assume I'm having to do what YOU are having to do. Then again, I could be nuts.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: What Would You Get?

                      Originally posted by BobsPlumbing View Post
                      Yes. Need:

                      Short distance run.
                      Control (Shorter cables)
                      Run with drill.

                      Tell me if I'm way off base. Thanks.

                      Thanks.



                      Sounds like you need some Eel J cable

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: What Would You Get?

                        Is this inside or outside?
                        Buy cheap, buy twice.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: What Would You Get?

                          Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                          Is this inside or outside?
                          Outside. No room for ANY drum on the truck.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: What Would You Get?

                            Don't buy a thing...just keep using that I95 you got. If you really need to apply the torque, get a general innercore but that's all I'd do. If you have multiple lines to clean, make a 30' guide hose and just keep the cables connected. The 1-1/4 eel cable is great and physically easiest out of the drum or k60 or k50 but it takes a while, connecting those cables.
                            Buy cheap, buy twice.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: What Would You Get?

                              Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                              Don't buy a thing...just keep using that I95 you got. If you really need to apply the torque, get a general innercore but that's all I'd do. If you have multiple lines to clean, make a 30' guide hose and just keep the cables connected. The 1-1/4 eel cable is great and physically easiest out of the drum or k60 or k50 but it takes a while, connecting those cables.
                              Just a thought for sectional drive to drill motor. Buy long threaded coupling. One that fits Your drill chuck. Drill out 1/2 length of coupling to insert cable end.
                              Now Braze this connection . Your all set to use any combination of sectional set up. WHAT DO I KNOW ? Please correct Me if I'm wrong on this
                              I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X