• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Handspinning

Another one.
    Attached Files

Re: Handspinning

I didn't know ridgid uses blue to paint their tools.

Comment

Originally posted by BobsPlumbing View Post
      Another one.

Sad...........................................

Comment

Originally posted by theplungerman View Post
        I didn't know ridgid uses blue to paint their tools.
        This was a good natured joke, hope it came off that way.

Comment

Bob, do customers ever give you any grief over that setup or do they even care as long as the drain gets open?

Comment

What size drain you use that on?? I wonder what percent of customers know the difference between that setup and a $500 one.

Comment

I have that same set up as well, but i am buying a k-45af in the next couple weeks. My take on the subject is if it gets the job done it shouldnt matter what it looks like.

Comment

A buddy gave me one a few years back like the OP's. I had a habit of the adapter shaft breaking. They redesigned it last yea so that the shaft is attached to a metal plate that screw to the plastic drum. I stopped by HD today and few on the shelf, one was the new style with the red trigger and one was the old style. I checked out the new one and found it had been used but saw no kinks in the cable. It looked stronger than the old style the the plate so I grabbed it and walked to the customer service counter. I told them I wanted to buy it but it was used. Lady at the counter says,"really." I said, "Sure, just not at full price." She says, "How's $25?" I say, "Sold."

Took it home, chucked it up on my M18 compact drill and tested it on a few drains. Passed through lavatory traps okay, not so good on the Santee. Just fine on a shower stall drain. As a tub/lav tool, it should be fine for a while. Some reviewers on the HD website tried to kitchen sinks with this thing. That is not what this is for.

I also compared in to the General Spin Thru's being sold at OSH. The Generals are impressive with their all-metal build. But the Ridgid cables have an inner core and the auto feed helps control the cable. I should be able to clear enough drains to pay for a k45 after awhile. Even if this lasts only 3 months at a time it should carry it's own weight.

I would also recommend that after using, remove two opposite screws from the back of the drum to drain off any collected water as the drum isn't designed for easy drainage. The apply some cable oil.
                Last edited by JK949; 01-16-2013, 08:45 PM. Reason: More info.

Comment

Originally posted by greekguy7 View Post
                  What size drain you use that on?? I wonder what percent of customers know the difference between that setup and a $500 one.
                  1 1/2", 2" shower stall max.

Probably none, drains are gross. No one has ever asked me if I had the new "spin-o-matic"or the old "clog-be-gone". The average client just wants things moving and either gave up plunging or wants nothing to do with it. If it gets things open and you give a warranty, everything should be fine until you can get better equipment. I wouldn't try to use the lifetime warranty in my work uniform. It is a homeowner tool or a pro's means to an end, not the end itself.

Comment

Working...
                  X