Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
broke a toilet auger today Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • broke a toilet auger today

    didn't think it possible, but I snapped the cable. 3d glasses in a toilet at a movie theatre.
    This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

  • #2
    Re: broke a toilet auger today

    I have never broken one but I have had the ends come off. I have heard of people breaking toilets with drop head augers.
    AllurePlumbing.com
    • leak detection
    • drain cleaning
    • utility locating
    • conductor fault locating
    • and other specialties.

    Greensboro NC, Winston-Salem NC, High Point NC, Thomasville NC, Kernersville NC

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: broke a toilet auger today

      I have had toilet auger heads break. It is not uncommon. I have also had a cable break on a 1/2" ridgid cable with innercore. The cables can get brittle if they rust and arent cleaned. After fishing for brown trout with your closet auger you should rinse and apply some rust inhibitor on the cable.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: broke a toilet auger today

        Wow I've never heard of that happening. I use a General 3ft auger. What brand was it?

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: broke a toilet auger today

          My guess is ridgid I have three of there augers and they all suck....the rest of there stuff I love but the augers..not so much.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: broke a toilet auger today

            it was a general... only a few years old. the cable snapped. it was rusty; i am the king of zero cable maint. I have a new one now; they've changed it a little; the button is different and the tube is a different color. so far I like the new button.
            This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: broke a toilet auger today

              Originally posted by Ace Sewer View Post
              it was a general... only a few years old. the cable snapped. it was rusty; i am the king of zero cable maint. I have a new one now; they've changed it a little; the button is different and the tube is a different color. so far I like the new button.


              Yeah sometimes that extension button is a real PITA to push & extend.

              My General toilet auger is almost 3 years old and recently started to show more signs of rust. I should probably just throw it away (The $50.00 price tag has made me thousands) before something bad happens I have a new one on standby.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: broke a toilet auger today

                Ive never snapped a cable, but i have split a toilet in half. Someone dropped there wallet in it.
                26+6=1

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: broke a toilet auger today

                  Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
                  Yeah sometimes that extension button is a real PITA to push & extend.

                  My General toilet auger is almost 3 years old and recently started to show more signs of rust. I should probably just throw it away (The $50.00 price tag has made me thousands) before something bad happens I have a new one on standby.
                  You won't save a ton but you can order the cable by itself.
                  AllurePlumbing.com
                  • leak detection
                  • drain cleaning
                  • utility locating
                  • conductor fault locating
                  • and other specialties.

                  Greensboro NC, Winston-Salem NC, High Point NC, Thomasville NC, Kernersville NC

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: broke a toilet auger today

                    Originally posted by Gettinit View Post
                    You won't save a ton but you can order the cable by itself.


                    I'll buy the whole auger as I like shiny new things

                    I already have one on standby as I do most things/parts that can go down & leave you down and out.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X