X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid K-7500 drum machine vs. General Speed Rooter 92

I know this is a Ridgid site but I have only ever used General products before. If anyone has used one or the other or even both in the past could you tell me if there is any real difference between the machines, cutters available, cables, etc

Re: Ridgid K-7500 drum machine vs. General Speed Rooter 92

I noticed that the price for the Ridgid is alot more then General by about $800

Comment

There is no comparison. The K7500 is a much better machine. Bigger capacity of the drum, better autofeeder, plastic drum won't corrode, .4hp universal motor is stronger than the Speedrooter 1/2 hp capacitor type. The K7500 is very similar to the Spartan 1065 which is a far superior machine to the speedrooter.

Comment

I might be biased but after trying a number a different drain cleaning machines over the last 40 years of running my own business Ridgid makes the best I like everyone likes a bargain and groan at the prices Ridgid charges but they plain and simply last day after day year after year and that is what makes a successful business

Tony

Comment

Its easy to be cheaper but hard to be better marvin

Comment

I think a more fair comparison would be the General Maxi Rooter to the K7500. I think Speedrooter is more like the k750.

I don't know about the Speedrooter 92, but the speedrooter 91 had the option of getting a 3/4 hp motor. I worked for a company years ago that bought a speedrooter that had some problems, but the guys at General replaced the machine outright and upgraded the motor to 3/4 hp at no charge. General was very easy to deal with.

All that being said, i don't use any of the above mentioned machines.

Comment

The big problem with the general machines is the cable feed, it goes out fine but it has a big problem going in reverse it loses power and speed. Even new. I had a maxi rooter for years and didn't realize how bad it was until I switched to a 1065.
              Seattle Drain Service

Comment

That was the problem they had with the Speed Rooter, the cable feed wasn't pulling back very well and was trying to separate itself from the frame when retrieving. The replacement machine didn't have any problems reported. Maybe the RPMs were better with the 3/4 hp motor on the upgrade?

Originally posted by Cuda View Post
                The big problem with the general machines is the cable feed, it goes out fine but it has a big problem going in reverse it loses power and speed. Even new. I had a maxi rooter for years and didn't realize how bad it was until I switched to a 1065.

Comment

I have a speedrooter 91 with a 3/4 motor and 3/4 inner core cable , also have a ridgid k-7500 with there 3/4 innercore cable and my speed rooter will eat my my k-7500 for lunch when it comes to tough clogs and root jobs. Most of my sewer jobs i get it done with my k-60 its easier on my back. For really tough jobs i reach for my electric eel drill setup....

Comment

I've never used any machines from Ridgid, so the feedback is awesome. I'm just starting out my business and will be purchasing one or the other. Thanks for all the input.

Comment

At the previous company I worked for we used the Speedrooter 91 and 92 with 100 ft of 5/8 inner core and rarely had problems with tough clogs. I've seen them take a serious beating and keep on rolling. I've pulled out roots 7 ft long with a 92, i was certain i was gonna need the jetter then all the sudden it popped open and thats what came out

Comment

I buy and use Ridgid almost exclusively, camera, locator, propress, signal transmitter, hand tools. But I had to buy a Speedrooter 91 a few years ago as an emergency replacement that has performed well for 100's of drain cleanings. 3/4 horse motor, still the original cable, not to heavy, if it can't handle the problem it is usually a more serious issue. Next comes the jetter or excavator. I see no need in struggling with a much heavier machine.

The 91 has handled 5 jobs this week already.

David

Comment

Double post.

David
                          Last edited by Dhal22; 01-18-2013, 09:18 AM.

Comment

I've used most or seen other plumber friends with other snakes, and I think Spartan is by far the best, the 1065 is a beast, 300 will fit in a bathroom door, 100 easy to take a part ( 2 pieces ) and carry up to a roof vent. Ridgid sewer camera are tops in that area.

Spartan 100 with 75 ft cable
                            Spartan 300 with 110 ft cable
                            Spartan 1065 with 167 ft cable
                            Gorzit (sp) small 115 volt jetter
                            Northwest Bruser Jetter 4000 psi X 6 gal

Ridgid Micro Reel
                            Ridgid Mini Reel
                            Ridgid Standard Reel 200 ft.
                            Ridgid Monitor CS 1000
                            Ridgid Monitor 10 inch DVD
                            Ridgid NaviTrack 2 Locator
                            Ridgid SeekTech St 510 transmitter
                            Ridgid ProPress 210 B

Comment

I have a general Maxi rooter , 3/4 HP with 125 ft. of 3/4" cable . What are the match up machines from other companies ? Also K-375 , General top Gun . And small Jetter off power washer. Not too shabby for a Carpenter !
                              Last edited by toolaholic; 01-17-2013, 10:41 AM.
                              I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Working...
                              X