Piranha slither hose review.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Piranha slither hose review.

It's one of those things...when you get the equipment, you don't get any calls for it. Finally got a chance to use the 3/16 hose. I've jetted this cast iron line before using my 1/8 x 75 ridgid hose and it's always been a bear to jet. Used my gorlitz 1500 (just bought for $200) for this line. Much easier to feed the 3/16 hose then the 1/8 hose. Not sure if was because of the slither coating or the fact the 1/8 hose seems much stiffer....this line has 4) 2" 1/4 bends and the slither hose worked outstanding. Highly recommended.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Re: P****ha slither hose review.

1 reason is the 3/16'' hose is larger and has less of a pressure drop. also rememer this is on a smaller electric jetter that is new to you. 1/8'' hose is not a good choice unless the larger hoses won't make the turns. too much pressure loss.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

When I ran the line before it was with my cart jetter....better specs. Electric jetter, lower pressure and psi and it worked way better with a different hose. I'll bring my 1/8 hose on the next job and run the 3/16 and then run the 1/8 so I can see a true comparison.
      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

A 1500 for $200?
        I think you got a smokin' deal.

Comment

Oh yeah, sure did. Also got a karcher pressure washer with a new 13hp honda for 600. Swapped the karcher pump for my old one. Redoing the frame, it came out sweet.
          Last edited by gear junkie; 01-22-2013, 11:11 AM.
          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

I've been ready to toss my small electric since I bought it.. After reading here a while, I decided to try some different nozzles and move up to the 3/16"(which was almost impossible to find and not popular when I bought my machine) because of the pressure drop Rick mentioned. Also, I think I have 100' or more of the 1/8" on a reel. I've been meaning to order 40'-50' of the Pirahna as a better option for a pump that doesn't have a lot of power. After reading your review, I'll make the move soon and get it!

Comment

Do you have 1/8" or 1/4" ends put on your 3/16" hose?

Thanks. John

Comment

1/8" is standard and a smaller profile.

Rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

Thanks again Rick.

I see that Aqua-Mole has hose as well as nozzles. Have you or anyone here used their hoses, and are they comparable to P****ha?

John

Comment

Never used them. Only 1/4 crc and 1/8 ridgid hose and the p****aha is better then both.
                    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Working...
                    X