Old Clay Laterals....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Clay Laterals....

These 2 pictures are of old 6" clay laterals at the city connection. What are the sections right before entering the city main that look like little copper puzzle pieces, the sections of pipe with the lines ? Are the elbows constructed differently than the straight pipping or is this just worn out from rodding hitting the corner to go around the bend ?

Re: Old Clay Laterals....

We call that a saddle. Typical residential streets out here are 8x6" clay saddles. Not suppose to tap them anymore, but they do and sometimes get away with it.

Most alignment issues are at the saddle or change of direction. Pretty common to see your issue.

A jetter easily cleans out that root mass.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
      We call that a saddle. Typical residential streets out here are 8x6" clay saddles. Not suppose to tap them anymore, but they do and sometimes get away with it.

Most alignment issues are at the saddle or change of direction. Pretty common to see your issue.

A jetter easily cleans out that root mass.

rick.

How is a saddle constructed ? Are those lines normal ? Is it also made from clay ?

Would a new one look different from the ones pictured ?

Comment

Alot of the clay taps in my area are part of the City Sewer Main(still responsibility of the home owner). In otherwords it is a piece of 5' clay pipe(usaly 8" in my area) with a 4" or 6" Wye tap which is part of the 5' section.

Here is a couple pics of a tap I have done, although they are much different now than how they used to to them.
        Attached Files
        Will Rogers Plumbing
        Moore, Oklahoma
        (
        405) 323-2852

"Your Solution for Any Sewer and Drain Cleaning Needs"

"We Unclog Drains That Others Can't"

www.willrogersplumbing.com
        http://willrogersplumbing.com/?page_id=8

"Oklahoma's Favorite Plumbers!"

Comment

And they ain't cheap ! $60.00 ??
          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Working...
          X