X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pricing

bumped rates a little this fall. nothing much, less than 10 % in most cases. bumped the night call rate a bunch as I hate doing them and bumped the grease trap rate a bunch as I hate doing them too. Been waiting to see if anyone says anything. It's been really odd. This week I've been told twice that I charge way too much, and twice how cheap I am.

9 jobs today, dunno how many this past 10 days... did six on sunday which is usually dead calm. I'm beat. Christmas in ski towns...ugh.
    This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Re: pricing

i do mine the first of the year and it's less than 5%. but in the last 9 years of doing that, it's a small jump that covers inflation.

today i had a dr. with he first patient at 10 am. i was leaving at 9:58. she gave me a blank signed check and she knows i fill it out and email her the invoice with no issues.

pretty common with my customers who leave me a check.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by Ace Sewer View Post
      bumped rates a little this fall. nothing much, less than 10 % in most cases. bumped the night call rate a bunch as I hate doing them and bumped the grease trap rate a bunch as I hate doing them too. Been waiting to see if anyone says anything. It's been really odd. This week I've been told twice that I charge way too much, and twice how cheap I am.

9 jobs today, dunno how many this past 10 days... did six on sunday which is usually dead calm. I'm beat. Christmas in ski towns...ugh.

If you are that busy maybe you need a larger increase to put your work load at a comfort level.

Work less & make the same or more

Comment

I'am thinking 3%,maybe.

Comment

It's just this week or two; everybody thinks its a good time to come ski (the fools) so the county gets swamped, so the maint guys get swamped, so if it's anything to do with a drain they tell the mgrs to leave them alone and call me. Rest of the time is pretty manageable. Been dealing with it better than years past even though it is stupider than ever this year. I went to the grocery before the madness hit and stocked the cupboards and fridge and I get gas at 6:00 am on the way to the gym so I don't have to deal with the crowds. I burn off the rage on the rowing machine preemptively at the gym every morning. Does wonders for the attitude and I'm down 20 lb over the last year or so, mostly from the rowing.
          This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Working...
          X