X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jetter VanPack

Good day all. I am considering the purchase of a jetter which fits in my van (not a cart). Does anyone have anyone recommendations. My van is a Chevy 2500. I would prefer the hoses and whatnot to come out from the side door rather than the back. I am thinking 3-4K psi at between 8-12 gpm. I plan to run rr, dbrr, and warthog primarily, along with static heads if necessary. Different makes (Harben, Mongoose, US Jetter) and their respective advantages/disadvantages. I am open to any and all advise on the matter. Thanks!

Re: Jetter VanPack

You sure you want a permanent jetter in your van. That means that you will always have to park right in front of the job. Don't want your hoses run over. Also your water tank will take up lots of space.

Nothing wrong with a dedicated jetting vehicle, but unless that's your primary business, you're not going to have much room left for plumbing.

I would look into a smaller trailer unit. Or have a dedicated jetting van and a plumbing van.

Spartan also makes a skid unit, but not with those specs.

Where in L.A. are you?

Rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Hi Rick. Here is the whole story. I used to have my general j2900, cable machines, camera equipment, and an almost fully stocked plumbing van. It was stolen last week including the van. I have since recovered the van (obviously empty), but it has made me rethink my operation. I am leaning toward 1 strictly drain cleaning van, and use my other vehicle for service repairs and remodels and the like. It seems to make more sense given my resources. I am also open to advise about that.
      Yes, drain cleaning is my primary business and I am located in Glendale. This may sound strange, but I cannot get a trailer. My wife told me she had a dream that I had a trailer jetter and died. I am not superstitious, but i do believe women have magic powers so I rather not chance it I talked with Juan at plumbers depot in hawthorn about fitting it with something like I explained in my first post, with a custom floor to ceiling 100 gallon water tank to save on space. They like to sell Mongoose or Sewer Cleaning Company of America (any advise?). They haven't gotten back to me yet, but I'm hopeful. The spartan looks great, but it will consume the entire rear of my van with no extra space (plus Luke pisses me off, never returns calls). What do you think?

Comment

Once again, unless you can park right inside the building or just outside, your hoses will get ruined. Making a big jump from a 3000, 4gpm, cart to a large skid unit.

My trailer is at my shop 5 out of 7 days. But when I take it out, it does multiple jobs.

100 gallons is ok, but you will still need water most of the time.

I've known Luke since his start as a general rep.

Do you do mainly residential homes, or apartments and condos.

Unless your van can fit inside the parking garage, you'll have a difficult time with the hoses. Me jetter trailer can fit in the garage, just not my high roof 9' sprinter.

Rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

I do residential 60% apartments/condos 30% and restaurants 10%. I can't fit inside parking garages with less than 8'2" clearance (which is most). I was also considering the General 3080 since it is 8gmp @3k as well. It would give some room for plumbing parts and whatnot. Do you know anything about that machine?

Thanks for answering my posts by the way. I hope you are having a pleasant Sunday.

Comment

That would be a good upgrade from your old cart.

Did the old cart work ok for you?. If so then stick with the cart. But 8gpm on garden hose can be iffy at some locations.

Also the cart can be mobile and off loaded for garages.

For well over 15 years I was using a 5.6 3500 psi cart. Still have it and still use it. I've owned 3 trailers since 2004. Each has it's place.

Based on the limited knowledge of your business and the trailer is a no from the wife, I would go with a cart.

Plungerman is happy with his new cart jetter. He's pretty local too in o.c. read his thread, THE EAGLE HAS LANDED.

Rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

I don't think a 2500 van will be able to handle a payload more then 100 gallons safely.
              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Yes. Based on your input, I think it is best to go with the cart jetter. I read THE EAGLE HAS LANDED and his machine looks great! I still am liking the 3080 though. Are there other large carts aside from these 2. Would you recommend the 3080 at 8 gpm 3k or plungermans 8.5gpm at 4k? Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by oldkado View Post
                  Yes. Based on your input, I think it is best to go with the cart jetter. I read THE EAGLE HAS LANDED and his machine looks great! I still am liking the 3080 though. Are there other large carts aside from these 2. Would you recommend the 3080 at 8 gpm 3k or plungermans 8.5gpm at 4k? Thanks!
                  Hi,, my jetter is 6 gpm 4k, the specs you gave are the big brute using propane, with gas 9gpm 4k. And they have a 12 gallon reserve tank.

Comment

Working...
                  X