Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Crap Shooter Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Re: Crap Shooter

    Originally posted by JK949 View Post
    Well, there is a Gorlitz $1500 n craigslist in my area.

    Rick, is that a decent starting point or does the fun start at 2000 psi

    $1500 on a used machine, save your money.

    years ago, low psi was the norm. for electric, 1500 is the typical starting point.

    rick.
    phoebe it is

    Comment


    • #17
      Re: Crap Shooter

      Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
      $1500 on a used machine, save your money.

      years ago, low psi was the norm. for electric, 1500 is the typical starting point.

      rick.
      Meant to say 1500 model, they want $875.

      Comment


      • #18
        Re: Crap Shooter

        Originally posted by DELCASE View Post
        i can open these drains with my model N Eel . i just want to flush them out better
        And........how is it doing?

        Comment


        • #19
          Re: Crap Shooter

          Should come today
          Last edited by DELCASE; 01-18-2013, 03:36 PM.

          Comment


          • #20
            Re: Crap Shooter

            Will you post reviews?

            Comment


            • #21
              Re: Crap Shooter

              A small electric jetter has it's place. It's my tool of choice for many things. I think you will find it disappointing on anything larger than a 2" line.
              This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

              Comment


              • #22
                Re: Crap Shooter

                Originally posted by Ace Sewer View Post
                A small electric jetter has it's place. It's my tool of choice for many things. I think you will find it disappointing on anything larger than a 2" line.
                What can a small electric jetter do that a cable can't in a 2" line? I'm not asking to be a smart a** , I'd really like to know. I've been cleaning drains for a long time and I have never once even came close to needing a jet for a 2" line. Working here in NYC, I've seen everything in the way of drains that this city has to offer and I can't imagine a situation where I would need a small electric jet, especially for a 2" line. Maybe it varies by region?

                Comment


                • #23
                  Re: Crap Shooter

                  Grease and sludge are ideal for a jetter. It's 1 thing getting it to drain, it's another getting it clean.

                  When I jet a kitchen sink with an outside cleanout, you should see what comes flying out. A snake can't do that.

                  Of course a toy jetter is like a garden hose.

                  Rick.
                  phoebe it is

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Re: Crap Shooter

                    Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                    Grease and sludge are ideal for a jetter. It's 1 thing getting it to drain, it's another getting it clean.

                    When I jet a kitchen sink with an outside cleanout, you should see what comes flying out. A snake can't do that.

                    Of course a toy jetter is like a garden hose.

                    Rick.
                    I can get a 2" line like new with a cable. I know that to be fact because I've done it thousands of times, and I still do everyday. It's really not that difficult either. IMO a real drain guy does not need a jet for small lines. The jet is more of a gimmick. If you have the proper cable, proper bend, and running water then a 2" line is a walk in the park. At least for me it is.


                    I know you like to give drain cleaning lessons out there on the left coast Rick. That's why I'd like to return the favor. Let me know if your ever in NYC and I'll take you out for drain cleaning 101 and afterwards you can buy me a real pastrami sandwich
                    Last edited by NYC Drain Guy; 01-20-2013, 07:21 PM.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Re: Crap Shooter

                      Originally posted by NYC Drain Guy View Post
                      I can get a 2" line like new with a cable. I know that to be fact because I've done it thousands of times, and I still do everyday. It's really not that difficult either. IMO a real drain guy does not need a jet for small lines. The jet is more of a gimmick. If you have the proper cable, proper bend, and running water then a 2" line is a walk in the park. At least for me it is.


                      I know you like to give drain cleaning lessons out there on the left coast Rick. That's why I'd like to return the favor. Let me know if your ever in NYC and I'll take you out for drain cleaning 101 and afterwards you can buy me a real pastrami sandwich
                      Anyone that owns a jetter and a cable machine will tell you the same as I. You never even mentioned a cutter on your bent cable.

                      I can tell you for a fact, in a cast iron , gal steel line, a jetter will always produce better results.

                      If you don't own a real jetter, then you wouldn't know .

                      Sure a snake will open a line, but iron it really cleaned to it's full potential?

                      Also a jetter will easily clean from a 1.5" opening into a 2", 3" and 4" line all at the same time. Impossible to do that with a cable.

                      Do you even own a jetter?

                      Rick.
                      Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 01-20-2013, 07:42 PM.
                      phoebe it is

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Re: Crap Shooter

                        Prior to owning my own company, I was the foreman of one of the largest sewer and drain companies in NYC. We had 35 service vans which includes several US trailer jets, electric jet, jet vac, numerous cameras and accessories, and pump trucks. I was integral in the designing and ordering of the jets as well as responsible for the training of my men on said jets. That being said, I know that there is a time and a place for jets and a 2" line is not one of them. I specialize in the cleaning of lines that others cannot and my call back record is impeccable. I've video inspected numerous lines before and after I snake them, and the results are always on the money. I always tell my men , " be a real drain guy, not a plumber". That because plumbers don't know drains like we do. I don't need any gimmicks to clean a line properly. Just give me my cable and some running water, and I'll put you to shame. Btw, my offer still stands about the drain cleaning 101.

                        And btw, any plumber who installs a. 1.5" clean out on a 4" line just proves he doesn't understand drain cleaning.
                        Last edited by NYC Drain Guy; 01-20-2013, 07:49 PM.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Re: Crap Shooter

                          Originally posted by NYC Drain Guy View Post
                          Prior to owning my own company, I was the foreman of one of the largest sewer and drain companies in NYC. We had 35 service vans which includes several US trailer jets, electric jet, jet vac, numerous cameras and accessories, and pump trucks. I was integral in the designing and ordering of the jets as well as responsible for the training of my men on said jets. That being said, I know that there is a time and a place for jets and a 2" line is not one of them. I specialize in the cleaning of lines that others cannot and my call back record is impeccable. I've video inspected numerous lines before and after I snake them, and the results are always on the money. I always tell my men , " be a real drain guy, not a plumber". That because plumbers don't know drains like we do. I don't need any gimmicks to clean a line properly. Just give me my cable and some running water, and I'll put you to shame. Btw, my offer still stands about the drain cleaning 101.

                          And btw, any plumber who installs a. 1.5" clean out on a 4" line just proves he doesn't understand drain cleaning.
                          Since you're not a plumber and don't have the knowledge and experience, and license of a plumber. Nor the ability or licence to install the pipe legally, You haven't a clue at what I'm referring to when I speak of cleaning from a 1.5" opening and continuing into a 4" main. By the way, a 1.5" clean out is perfectly legal on a 2" line. Plus a kitchen sink is typically a 1.5" trap and tee into a 2" drop and 2" run. So your under sized cutter is not cutting everything. I don't care how you bend your cable, it's not scraping off the built up hard deposits that a proper jetter can.

                          If you really think you can snake a 2" kitchen sink cast iron line cleaner than a proper jetter you have a lot to learn. I guarantee you when you get done, I can still knock off and bring back debris you missed. I know you're not getting a full 2" set of cutters into a 50 year old 2" cast line. Especially with 90's.

                          Sure a cable will open a line as I've done it for 37 years. But for the last 20 plus years I've also jetted lines and I know what I see and I know how much longer a jetted line will last. cleaning plastic is not the same as iron. A garden hose will clean plastic like new if you can push it.

                          No need to continue on this post. Start a new thread and see what others have to say that own both equipment.

                          Rick.
                          phoebe it is

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Re: Crap Shooter

                            Hey Rick, did it ever occur to you that you might be able to learn something from someone else or that you might actually be wrong? Your arrogance is making you delusional. And for what it's worth, I'm really not impressed with you. You'd be considered a hack in these parts especially if you tried jetting a kitchen sink. I'd prob fire you on the spot. As far as not being a licensed plumber is concerned, I've proven many lic plumbers wrong in my day yet none have ever been able to prove me wrong. Why do you think that is?
                            Last edited by NYC Drain Guy; 01-20-2013, 08:27 PM.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Re: Crap Shooter

                              Originally posted by NYC Drain Guy View Post
                              Hey Rick, did it ever occur to you that you might be able to learn something from someone else or that you might actually be wrong? Your arrogance is making you delusional. And for what it's worth, I'm really not impressed with you. You'd be considered a hack in these parts especially if you tried jetting a kitchen sink. I'd prob fire you on the spot. As far as not being a licensed plumber is concerned, I've proven many lic plumbers wrong in my day yet none have ever been able to prove me wrong. Why do you think that is?
                              Start a new thread and I'll be glad to continue to prove you wrong. 17 post and your dreaming.

                              But I'm done with you in this thread.

                              Rick.
                              phoebe it is

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Re: Crap Shooter

                                Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                                Start a new thread and I'll be glad to continue to prove you wrong. 17 post and your dreaming.

                                But I'm done with you in this thread.

                                Rick.

                                Sorry. I didn't know I needed 16,000 + posts to be able to school you . I guess while you were busy posting in here, I was out there cleaning drains. No hard feelings though
                                Last edited by NYC Drain Guy; 01-20-2013, 08:44 PM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X