X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: so I went out...

Glad to hear you got the issue resolved in a civil manner. About the post script, I just got my van stolen last sunday from in front of my home. Seesnake, cs10, general2900 jetter, k570, supervee, minirooter, hilti drill sawzalll etc. 34k in all. Van found empty downtown LA (of course) a few days later. The same night another car was stolen on my street and 2 others in my town (maybe more). According to my buddies at the supply shop it is becoming epidemic. 30 work vans a month in Glendale according to the police. I would advise everyone to beef up their security if possible.

Comment

Originally posted by oldkado View Post
      Glad to hear you got the issue resolved in a civil manner. About the post script, I just got my van stolen last sunday from in front of my home. Seesnake, cs10, general2900 jetter, k570, supervee, minirooter, hilti drill sawzalll etc. 34k in all. Van found empty downtown LA (of course) a few days later. The same night another car was stolen on my street and 2 others in my town (maybe more). According to my buddies at the supply shop it is becoming epidemic. 30 work vans a month in Glendale according to the police. I would advise everyone to beef up their security if possible.
      And carry insurance on contents.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisConnor View Post
        My competitor explains it like this. NO WARRANTY ON TOOL WORK. Only installed parts get a warranty.

It's drain cleaning, not a buffet. If he allows it to be abused, then how's that your problem?

You both know he's cheap, but when do you put your foot down to people who want to take advantage of you because they love their money and want you to subsidize their poor management?
        That sounds to black and white to me. I try to pay attention to the Grey areas. Playing hardball, especially these days in business, usually doesn't pay off. Giving in here and there keeps customers and keeps them recommending others to you.

Comment

i kind of guage it... if it's a good customer and work I want to keep I'd cut them some slack, maybe, depending. But if I'd just as soon not be bothered by them again coz of pita factor I bill. Out of my area, somewhere a little scary, obviously not something I left behind, I'd bill for sure. Worst case they don't pay and I never have to go back.

I hate making customers out of my area real happy because then I end up gettinbg asked to drive over there more often, and that takes me away from regular work, and it's hard for me to say no to people.
          This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace Sewer View Post
            i kind of guage it... if it's a good customer and work I want to keep I'd cut them some slack, maybe, depending. But if I'd just as soon not be bothered by them again coz of pita factor I bill. Out of my area, somewhere a little scary, obviously not something I left behind, I'd bill for sure. Worst case they don't pay and I never have to go back.

I hate making customers out of my area real happy because then I end up gettinbg asked to drive over there more often, and that takes me away from regular work, and it's hard for me to say no to people.
            Yeah that sounds like how I think.
            To far out of my area? I tell them I only go there for big deals. Smaller deals I refer to a good plumber I know
            In the that area.

Comment

Originally posted by sewer rat View Post
              p.s. Off the subject...heard from two different plumber friends that have had their trucks stolen. One from Home Depot and one from an apartment building where he was doing a job. Scares the hell out of me.
              Originally posted by oldkado View Post
              Wow, that's some scary stuff. Do you guys know if the vans were lettered up as plumber vans? Oldkado....hope you find who did this and everything works out. For a working man to have their tools stolen is something I would wish on nobody. Best of luck to you.
              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

My insurance renewal came in mail today.
                I checked what I pay for all my contents. Includes seesnake items, jetter, and all hand tools misc parts, 1g deductible for $493 year. Worth every penny for the peace of mind alone.

Comment

Working...
                X