Ridgid K-45 or General Handyletric CHE

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ridgid K-45 or General Handyletric CHE

I have a k39 I converted to a hand chuck. It allows every inch of cable to be used and can power through an obstruction without flipping the cable in the drum.

The slide chuck is almost totally useless. At 1 time there was talk of doing away with it. Giving a shorter front hand section in return.

Pretty sure there is still a conversion kit around.

Rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
      I have a k39 I converted to a hand chuck. It allows every inch of cable to be used and can power through an obstruction without flipping the cable in the drum.

The slide chuck is almost totally useless. At 1 time there was talk of doing away with it. Giving a shorter front hand section in return.

Pretty sure there is still a conversion kit around.

Rick.
      I agree, the slide chuck is useless.

Comment

Originally posted by NYC Drain Guy View Post
        I agree, the slide chuck is useless.

It does help SOME, it's almost useless.

Comment

Originally posted by NYC Drain Guy View Post
          That looks like the one but I can't say for sure without seeing the chuck internally. It works with the plastic cartridge because I have one in mine. I don't use it for the quick change feature, I use it because it reduces splashing. Also I would never use an auto feed on a machine like that, IMO there's no place for it. But to each their own I suppose.

By the way, I remove that grip on the outside of the chuck
          Can you please post the model number or any other ID you have on yours? From the General description I quote: It can use all of the accessories available for the Super-Vee, except the plastic cartridges.

So I would like to know if there is another model I'm missing in case I go this route.

Thank you very much.

Oh, has anyone bought cables or jetter hoses from Drain Cables Direct? I would like to know if they have anything good. Especially the jetter hose.

Comment

Originally posted by schulte View Post
            Can you please post the model number or any other ID you have on yours? From the General description I quote: It can use all of the accessories available for the Super-Vee, except the plastic cartridges.

So I would like to know if there is another model I'm missing in case I go this route.

Thank you very much.

Oh, has anyone bought cables or jetter hoses from Drain Cables Direct? I would like to know if they have anything good. Especially the jetter hose.

I could get you the number tomorrow when I'm back in my truck. My handy lectric didn't come with the cartridge, but I tried it and it fit perfectly. I think the reason they tell you it's not compatible is because for the quick change feature you need to be able to pull the cable end through the chuck, which you can't do with the collet type. Might not be right, but that's my best guess. Like I said, I only use the plastic cartridge for splash reasons. As far as DCD, there cables are cheap and they suck. Once again, just my opinion. I use spartan cables. My rep gives me a nice discount and even though they still cost more than DCD, it's a far superior product. This is one case where you def get what you pay for. If your only doing a few sewers a week, then go with DCD. If your doing 5-7 a day like I do, go with Spartan.

Comment

Depending on what type of pipe your working with I would recommend the general mini rooter with a 1" drop head. I myself will be purchasing a k 45 af this coming week but no matter what machine you have with a fixed cutter your going to have to kink the cable to make the drop.

Comment

Originally posted by schulte View Post

Thank you very much.

I just found the paper work that came with my handy lectric. There's no specific model number listed for the entire unit, but the chuck that I have is HE-25-B collet chuck. They have another listed HE-25-A Jacobs chuck, which I actually have more experience with. Both are good chucks so either way you can't go wrong.
                Last edited by NYC Drain Guy; 01-20-2013, 09:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X