Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone using the Drain-Rooter PH or the K-40?

During my shopping for a small drain machine to fit my particular needs I've come across these two competing machines.

Anyone have any input on their use and functionality?

Right now it seems that the Drain-Rooter PH has the upper hand between the two.

John

Re: Anyone using the Drain-Rooter PH or the K-40?

Never heard of a k40 ? K 45 af I have great tool or k39 but never heard of a k 40?

Comment

Originally posted by seanny deep View Post
      Never heard of a k40 ? K 45 af I have great tool or k39 but never heard of a k 40?
      Sorry, I should have put links to the units. K-40 Sink Machine - RIDGID Professional Tools and the General machine: Drain-Rooter PH

Thanks.

John

Comment

I have a K 40 without the power feed, works great for lav's, tubs, and showers. Its quiet and doesn't spin too fast. I use the bulb head cable. I also bought the little go 15, gorlitz but like the K 40 better.
        Last edited by sewer rat; 01-22-2013, 01:27 AM.

Comment

I would think the K-50 would be much more practical than either of those.

Comment

Originally posted by sewer rat View Post
            I have a K 40 without the power feed, works great for lav's, tubs, and showers. Its quiet and doesn't spin too fast. I use the bulb head cable. I also bought the little go 15, gorlitz but like the K 40 better.
            Bought the K-40 because of Sewerratz. I am happy with mine. If I had the money I would like to have Eels version to compare.
            Last edited by Gettinit; 01-22-2013, 01:47 AM. Reason: wrong rat...lol
            AllurePlumbing.com
            • leak detection
            • drain cleaning
            • utility locating
            • conductor fault locating
            • and other specialties.

Greensboro NC, Winston-Salem NC, High Point NC, Thomasville NC, Kernersville NC

Comment

Originally posted by Gettinit View Post
              Bought the K-40 because of Sewerratz. I am happy with mine. If I had the money I would like to have Eels version to compare.
              Yes, the Model CT. Looks interesting too. The thing that drives me crazy with some of these manufacturers is the lack of details on some of their products. For instance Eel does not list the maximum cable length to the diameter. 50' of what?

John

Comment

Originally posted by TomSV650 View Post
                Tom, Rick has already sold me on sectionals. One is part of my future. But I'm in shopping mode right now and I started seeing some of these so I wanted to see if others find them useful and valuable to have.

Thank you.

John

Comment

The K-45AF is the lightest & most versatile machine.

You can get them on eBay brand new for around $200.00 delivered.
                  Last edited by AssTyme; 01-22-2013, 09:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TomSV650 View Post

Practical for overheads & tubs ? Not to mention the prep time to keep things clean

Comment

Originally posted by sewer rat View Post
                      i have a k 40 without the power feed, works great for lav's, tubs, and showers. Its quiet and doesn't spin too fast. I use the bulb head cable. I also bought the little go 15, gorlitz but like the k 40 better.

The low RPM would drive me crazy.

Comment

Its a low rpm, but I bought mine without the autofeed. For a better feel of the cable.

Comment

I have no idea what a Drain Rooter PH is but the K40 has a place on my truck. Fills the need between the Kwik Kleen and K60. I also like the lower RPMs of the K40.

Comment

I've had the Drain Rooter Ph for about 4 years it works well. Only suggestion is to drain the drum after each use or else it'll sling black water everywhere. But the power is great on it. Much better than the K40 and yes I had a k40 as well. Personally my next purchase is going to be a K50.

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
                              Practical for overheads & tubs ? Not to mention the prep time to keep things clean
                              I always see you mention the prep time to keep things clean. Are you telling me that you don't use some type of drop cloth in your customers home when you are clearing their drains? Even if your drum machines don't make a mess which isn't true its simple respect for the persons home to use a drop cloth it give the customer peace of mind.

Comment

Working...
                              X