Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water supply for jetting kitchen drains, ideas...

Okay, for the first time in my somewhat limited experience of jetting kitchen drains, my client had a fancy faucet with no aerator to connect to, (stream/spray type,) so I had no way to access water. Or perhaps I should say, I was unprepared to be able to disconnect the supply hose and connect directly to the turn off value with my jetter supply hose.

So my question is, does anyone have a favorite set up for doing this?

Thanks.

John

Re: Water supply for jetting kitchen drains, ideas...

since 95% of my feed lines are ss flexes, it's pretty simple to attach a flex line and hose bibb. also i have a custome aereator i made that gives me a 1/2'' thread.

why not just run a small garden hose from outside or the laundry machine?

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

aerator adaptor goes to hose thread. make line to machine from braided faucet supplies ending with a 3/8 comp, then an adapter to the hose thread. if no useable aerator, remove hose thread adaptor an hook the 3/8 direct to the hot stop.
      This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
        since 95% of my feed lines are ss flexes, it's pretty simple to attach a flex line and hose bibb. also i have a custome aereator i made that gives me a 1/2'' thread.

why not just run a small garden hose from outside or the laundry machine?
        rick.
        No outside stuff...it's -20 windchill today. Laundry tubs are in the basement 100' or so away. Could probably ran a hose to the bathroom, but just wasn't prepared with a long enough hose.

John

Comment

Originally posted by Ace Sewer View Post
          aerator adapter goes to hose thread. make line to machine from braided faucet supplies ending with a 3/8 comp, then an adapter to the hose thread. if no useable aerator, remove hose thread adapter an hook the 3/8 direct to the hot stop.
          Thanks. That's my first thought, just start carrying an adapter set up to hook directly to turn off valve. Don't suppose I need anything fancier. Actually I should have been smart enough to foresee the need.

John

Comment

What about backflow protection? Isn't a check or vacuam breaker required?

Comment

rick - do you have a small jetter too ? Stainless Steel faucet supply lines seem small for your trailer jetter. I must be reading your post wrong.

Comment

I have 2 electric jetters . Both 2hp 1500 psi at 2.1 gpm. My original 1 is probably close to 20 years old now. With the fancy pull out faucets, an aereator adapter is out. So a feed line is simple. Most flexes out here are 1/2" ips slip joints. 3/8" is not as common out here.

Trailer has a 200 gallon tank and I have a 3/4" hose rack with auto rewind. Also a 2" tank drain and 2" gas water pump to back wash the line if needed. Only used the hydrant fill hose a few tmes. I can start the jetter with as little as 1/3 of a tank. So filling is quick for 65 gallons.

Rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                X