I want a Small Elec Jetter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want a Small Elec Jetter

I am ready to roll the dice and buy a small jetter for greasy 2" to 3" kit drains
    What do you guys really think i should get

Re: I want a Small Elec Jetter

A Ridgid k-3800

Comment

I use a AR610. I got specifically for kitchen drains.

Comment

I have 2 small electric jetters

#1 a liquid laser 2200 PSI at pump much less at nozzle 20 AMP3 piston pump I use this in commercial applications.

#2 a Viking 1600 PSI I think home use. 2 piston pump. 15 AMP

I also have been looking at the AR610 mush more compact
        Sent From The StoolBus

www.appletondrainandsewer.com

Appleton WI, 54915
        1-920-284-7471

Comment

A 2 hp electric pressure washer with a cat pump on it. MTM and Landa both sell them. If you really wanted a "jetter" I would suggest the gorlitz 1500. Used mine maybe 15 times since I got it 2 months ago and plug it into the washer receptacle and have never tripped a breaker.
          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Any thoughts on the Ar630 , it has the pulse, but its pulls 19 amps

Comment

I would recommend it. Ace Sewer uses it and that's enough of a recommendation for me. The gorlitz I mentioned also pulls 19 amps.
              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Ace uses the AR 610. The last time I spoke with him he said the 630 was over kill and a bit too heavy for him. I also like the 610.

Check out some of the threads at the Drain Cleaning Forum
                AllurePlumbing.com
                • leak detection
                • drain cleaning
                • utility locating
                • conductor fault locating
                • and other specialties.

Greensboro NC, Winston-Salem NC, High Point NC, Thomasville NC, Kernersville NC

Comment

I have the ar 630, but 20 years ago it wasn't called that. Mine is good for 1500 psi. Its 2hp at 2.1 gpm and its heavy 50#.

Dont use it much now, but it still works fine. I made my own pulsation back then by drilling out a valve cap and installing a bypass valve to the inlet. Same machine as an older marco electric.

Rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

A little over a year ago I converted an AR 610 pressure washer. (Thank you Ace and Rick) It was the lowest cost option for me and it works great. I used Amazing Machinery for my first conversion kit.

I'm now upgrading my hose option to a 3/16" (running 1/8th now) and getting some new AquaMole nozzles.

Hope this helps.

John

Comment

Would i notice the difference between the ar610 1350 psi & the ar630 1500 psi ?
                      Both say they come with 1/4" hose is that a plus, i keep reading 3/16"

Comment

1/4" I.d. hose will be difficult with bends , 90s on 2" and impossible on 1.5".

The pressure drop on 3/16" hose is a minor difference at 100'.

1/8" only if all else fails.

Rick.
                        phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by DELCASE View Post
                          I was facing the same question, but after reading a few hours on this forum, you find that many people are troubled with popping breakers with the 630 because it's a 19amp pull. Thus they have to power it down to keep it running. So I don't think you get anything extra, plus you save a $100.00 in cost. That said, the 630 does have an option of being set up to run hot water. Different O-rings or something AR told me. They're based by me so I went to the plant when I got mine.

John
                          Last edited by schulte; 01-24-2013, 09:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DELCASE View Post
                            What they're most likely referring to is the hose for a spray wand. I would go for the ar630. For popping breakers, run an extention cord to the washing machine and you'll be fine.
                            Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                              What they're most likely referring to is the hose for a spray wand. I would go for the ar630. For popping breakers, run an extention cord to the washing machine and you'll be fine.
                              This is a good option when doing a basement line in my neck of the woods, but most kitchens and bathrooms I work on the washer/dryer is in the basement pretty far away. So you will need a heavy gage extension cord to run the amps say 100'. In my case anyway.

John

Comment

Working...
                              X