X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DELCASE
    started a topic I want a Small Elec Jetter

I want a Small Elec Jetter

I am ready to roll the dice and buy a small jetter for greasy 2" to 3" kit drains
    What do you guys really think i should get

• gear junkie
    replied
    Last edited by gear junkie; 06-06-2018, 02:45 AM.

Leave a comment:

• DELCASE
    replied
    Re: I want a Small Elec Jetter

Just wanted to say Thanks to you guys for all the adviise
    ron

Leave a comment:

• PLUMBER RICK
    replied

Have to be careful with any extension cord. Better off with an extension hose.

Cords and connectors will build up heat and will melt the plugs contacts. Especially the fact that most outlets are only rated 15 amps. Standard cords are also 15 amps unless you have the 20 amp plug and cordset.

Rick.

Leave a comment:

• schulte
    replied

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
    What they're most likely referring to is the hose for a spray wand. I would go for the ar630. For popping breakers, run an extention cord to the washing machine and you'll be fine.
    This is a good option when doing a basement line in my neck of the woods, but most kitchens and bathrooms I work on the washer/dryer is in the basement pretty far away. So you will need a heavy gage extension cord to run the amps say 100'. In my case anyway.

John

Leave a comment:

• gear junkie
    replied
    Last edited by gear junkie; 06-06-2018, 02:44 AM.

Leave a comment:

• schulte
    replied

Originally posted by DELCASE View Post
    Would i notice the difference between the ar610 1350 psi & the ar630 1500 psi ?
    Both say they come with 1/4" hose is that a plus, i keep reading 3/16"
    I was facing the same question, but after reading a few hours on this forum, you find that many people are troubled with popping breakers with the 630 because it's a 19amp pull. Thus they have to power it down to keep it running. So I don't think you get anything extra, plus you save a $100.00 in cost. That said, the 630 does have an option of being set up to run hot water. Different O-rings or something AR told me. They're based by me so I went to the plant when I got mine.

John
    Last edited by schulte; 01-24-2013, 09:40 AM.

Leave a comment:

• PLUMBER RICK
    replied

1/4" I.d. hose will be difficult with bends , 90s on 2" and impossible on 1.5".

The pressure drop on 3/16" hose is a minor difference at 100'.

1/8" only if all else fails.

Rick.

Leave a comment:

• DELCASE
    replied

Would i notice the difference between the ar610 1350 psi & the ar630 1500 psi ?
    Both say they come with 1/4" hose is that a plus, i keep reading 3/16"

Leave a comment:

• schulte
    replied

A little over a year ago I converted an AR 610 pressure washer. (Thank you Ace and Rick) It was the lowest cost option for me and it works great. I used Amazing Machinery for my first conversion kit.

I'm now upgrading my hose option to a 3/16" (running 1/8th now) and getting some new AquaMole nozzles.

Hope this helps.

John

Leave a comment:

• PLUMBER RICK
    replied

I have the ar 630, but 20 years ago it wasn't called that. Mine is good for 1500 psi. Its 2hp at 2.1 gpm and its heavy 50#.

Dont use it much now, but it still works fine. I made my own pulsation back then by drilling out a valve cap and installing a bypass valve to the inlet. Same machine as an older marco electric.

Rick.

Leave a comment:

• Gettinit
    replied

Ace uses the AR 610. The last time I spoke with him he said the 630 was over kill and a bit too heavy for him. I also like the 610.

Check out some of the threads at the Drain Cleaning Forum

Leave a comment:

• gear junkie
    replied

Leave a comment:

• DELCASE
    replied

Any thoughts on the Ar630 , it has the pulse, but its pulls 19 amps

Leave a comment:

• gear junkie
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X