Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Terminus terminal

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Terminus terminal

    Click image for larger version

Name:	f9171da99d2d3dcb84676f4dea570433.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	284.0 KB
ID:	17159Click image for larger version

Name:	67c8209152fdf06be0f3ef26494aad32.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	377.9 KB
ID:	17160
    Some days things just seem to go to good. After a never ending Thursday, it's now Friday, I'm on a low roof, mild pitch, perfect weather, all set up to do a full jet cleaning of a friends house with old CI piping. Said he's tired of getting calls from the tenant with drain problems. Got my new homebuilt jetter in the driveway cranked up ready to clean some cast. I'm going down the kitchen stack first with my 1/4" reel and blind thruster nozzle since the line is open. The first 25' of jetter hose was pretty scraped up, so last week I called the local Hotsy pressure washer dealer nearby. They told me they could put a new terminal on the hose and bring it in. When I got there, the guy looked at it sideways and said he didn't have anything that would work for that line. Good news is, two doors down is the Goodyear dealer who has just what I need. Brought it in, cut the line, and showed the man. He came back with a crimp terminal and put it in the press. In less than a minute good to go.. Right?? No sooner could I feel the nozzle make the 90 at the bottom of the stack than.. Pooff.. No more pull or push.. No pressure in the hose.. Uh oh.. Pulled it back, and my new terminal and Aqua Mole nozzle are now somewhere in the kitchen drain. That new terminal lasted 15 seconds under pressure!! I don't think of myself as old, but as I get older, my patience for this stuff is fading. So, like the tenant pointed out, I could go back to Goodyear, ask for the owner/manager and raise hell. Perhaps they'll put a new terminal on for free.. It wasn't expensive in the first place.. $10? No thanks, this already lost a lot of valuable time. I called AJ Coleman and told Marvin to send 150' of 1/4".. Not taking the chance; the hose isn't that expensive. I know some of you have the crimp tool to fix your own; has this happened to you? I can only guess he used the wrong terminal for my particular hose; I know they are different. I believe this was Parker hose.. around 3 years old.. I got my money's worth. It looked fine. I had 3600 coming out of the pump, then 100' of pressure washer hose, foot valve, jumper, and 175' of jetter hose rated for 4k..

  • #2
    Re: Terminus terminal

    wrong fitting and wrong crimp od.

    i have 4 different crimping machines and the dies are used for different types of hoses. you don't have hydraulic hose and they might have used one for hydraulic.

    rick.
    phoebe it is

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Terminus terminal

      Damm that sucks...at least it wasn't with a warthog or anything expensive.
      Buy cheap, buy twice.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Terminus terminal

        Originally posted by richinflorida View Post
        Click image for larger version

Name:	f9171da99d2d3dcb84676f4dea570433.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	284.0 KB
ID:	17159Click image for larger version

Name:	67c8209152fdf06be0f3ef26494aad32.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	377.9 KB
ID:	17160
        Some days things just seem to go to good. After a never ending Thursday, it's now Friday, I'm on a low roof, mild pitch, perfect weather, all set up to do a full jet cleaning of a friends house with old CI piping. Said he's tired of getting calls from the tenant with drain problems. Got my new homebuilt jetter in the driveway cranked up ready to clean some cast. I'm going down the kitchen stack first with my 1/4" reel and blind thruster nozzle since the line is open. The first 25' of jetter hose was pretty scraped up, so last week I called the local Hotsy pressure washer dealer nearby. They told me they could put a new terminal on the hose and bring it in. When I got there, the guy looked at it sideways and said he didn't have anything that would work for that line. Good news is, two doors down is the Goodyear dealer who has just what I need. Brought it in, cut the line, and showed the man. He came back with a crimp terminal and put it in the press. In less than a minute good to go.. Right?? No sooner could I feel the nozzle make the 90 at the bottom of the stack than.. Pooff.. No more pull or push.. No pressure in the hose.. Uh oh.. Pulled it back, and my new terminal and Aqua Mole nozzle are now somewhere in the kitchen drain. That new terminal lasted 15 seconds under pressure!! I don't think of myself as old, but as I get older, my patience for this stuff is fading. So, like the tenant pointed out, I could go back to Goodyear, ask for the owner/manager and raise hell. Perhaps they'll put a new terminal on for free.. It wasn't expensive in the first place.. $10? No thanks, this already lost a lot of valuable time. I called AJ Coleman and told Marvin to send 150' of 1/4".. Not taking the chance; the hose isn't that expensive. I know some of you have the crimp tool to fix your own; has this happened to you? I can only guess he used the wrong terminal for my particular hose; I know they are different. I believe this was Parker hose.. around 3 years old.. I got my money's worth. It looked fine. I had 3600 coming out of the pump, then 100' of pressure washer hose, foot valve, jumper, and 175' of jetter hose rated for 4k..
        Amen Brother aint this a total *****. i had similar befoe I added to Aussie Bill's wealth. had a mate do a new end for me on the 5/16 hose. Ran it up towards the top of a stormwater drain, out nearly 60mtrs and similar thing happened. Unlike you guys Aussie Billy is more than a suburb away. Rich the biggest p-off is the "expert" who said he knew what he was doing. Be it $10 or $1000 it is the principle of knowing your trade and geting it right. Nowadays a common place frustration all ove rthe world

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Terminus terminal

          Ben, I just bought a Warthog; can't wait to use it. If the nozzle that popped off were the warthog, there would be a hole in my friend's floor now Rick, funny you should mention hydraulic hose! That's pretty much what this place specializes in. The young man who "fixed" my hose was not a motivated Marine and obviously used the wrong fitting. If I went back to the shop and showed him what his mistake caused, he wouldn't be able to sleep at night.. Might I ask what the dies and press tools cost? I have a feeling they're not cheap.. Marvin told me most guys don't mess with the small diameter hoses because they're not expensive in the first place. I learned a lesson; don't trust a terminal unless I know for sure it's the correct one.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Terminus terminal

            Depending on the machine, and if new or used.

            My snyflex , parker hose crimpers with dies and pushers for 1/4, 3/8, 1/2" ran me around $300 used.

            Larger hydraulic unit is over 2 k.

            For someone like yourself with a portable jetter, it doesn't pay. Just carry an extra hose or 2.

            For myself with a big trailer with 500' of 1/2" hose, it pays to fix it on a jobsite.


            Rick.
            phoebe it is

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Terminus terminal

              Rich, Rich has more luck than anyone I have ever read about. $300, where can I get another for a spare. Aussie Bill hit me up $800 + tax but I dont care as long as it doesnt happen again. Also I love the fact that you guys can carry spare hoses, especially as they are that cheap. We are getting absolutely flogged downunder even with the dollar being so strong against the greenback

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Terminus terminal

                Originally posted by Cleanmen2 View Post
                Rich, Rich has more luck than anyone I have ever read about. $300, where can I get another for a spare. Aussie Bill hit me up $800 + tax but I dont care as long as it doesnt happen again. Also I love the fact that you guys can carry spare hoses, especially as they are that cheap. We are getting absolutely flogged downunder even with the dollar being so strong against the greenback
                Time to import?
                Are you watching the men's final at the aussie open? Did you go over the past 2 weeks, how far are you from the park? Wow, sorry about all those questions. I'm a big tennis fan
                Don't tell me the winner, it's 1am right now, 8pm for you. I'll have to finish watching it on tivo tomorrow , fading out.

                Sorry rich for your drama. I like the part where if you used a warthog your friend would have a hole in his floor. Oh well, that's the good thing about time,,,,, in another week or so it should be behind you. Or if you're very mature,your already over it. Geez,, no wonder not everyone likes me. Smile
                Last edited by theplungerman; 01-27-2013, 05:13 AM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Terminus terminal

                  I feel your pain. Have found myself surrounded by incompetence for so long that I have come to expect it. I cherish the few folks I've run across who know their business.
                  This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Terminus terminal

                    Originally posted by theplungerman View Post
                    Time to import?
                    Are you watching the men's final at the aussie open? Did you go over the past 2 weeks, how far are you from the park? Wow, sorry about all those questions. I'm a big tennis fan
                    Don't tell me the winner, it's 1am right now, 8pm for you. I'll have to finish watching it on tivo tomorrow , fading out.

                    Sorry rich for your drama. I like the part where if you used a warthog your friend would have a hole in his floor. Oh well, that's the good thing about time,,,,, in another week or so it should be behind you. Or if you're very mature,your already over it. Geez,, no wonder not everyone likes me. Smile
                    I can't find the thank you choice for this post.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X