Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Correct head for Ridgid K-400 (4" line)

I need to snake out my sewer and based on how I'm going about it, will only be dealing with the 4" main line. I believe the clog is a combination of toilet paper and tree roots. Can someone suggest the best head to use with the K-400? I will be using a 1/2" cable. Thanks.

Re: Correct head for Ridgid K-400 (4" line)

You,re going after Bear with a 22 . Hit some roots and That 1/2 cable will look like corn rows !
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Save your self some frusteration and money either hire someone with a bigger machine or rent a bigger machine.

Comment

A spiral saw is your most agressive cutter for roots. But as others have mentioned, you're taking a large risk with a small machine and cable.

If you do run into resistance, take very little bites and make sure you can pull back the cable before you progress forward.

A 4" line with roots requires a minimun 5 /8" cable and stronger machine. Sure an experianced fisherman can land a shark with a trout rod every now and then, but they also know when fishing for sharks, use the shark rod.

Rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Thanks for all the tips. I went ahead with what everyone suggested and rented a machine today. I think it was a 3/4" cable; regardless I cleared the blockage.

Comment

Working...
          X