X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone use MyTana equipment?

I was talking to a guy who had his own drain business a few years back and used MyTana equipment. I had never heard of them all we have are Ridgid machines.
    He said there M888 machine was great. Just wondering what you thought of My Tana?
    Have you used them?
    The Good and the bad?
    Michael

Re: Does anyone use MyTana equipment?

I almost did. They have an office here in the Twin Cities. But the guy was kind of a dick, or maybe just a bad day. Non the less, I never called back. If I'm going to spend big chunks of cash, I want to talked to sweetly. ;-)

J

Comment

dont like the mytana m-81, the only main line machine at our shop. i am just a journeyman plumber working for a company. after reading the ridgid forum my back told me to buy a brand new k-60,,,,,,,,,,,,,my back thanks the rigid forum ,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Comment

We have a Mytana jetter, we can't get parts for it.

Comment

Originally posted by JK949 View Post
          We have a Mytana jetter, we can't get parts for it.

What kind of jetter is it, why can't you get parts?

Comment

Originally posted by cheesehead plumber View Post
            dont like the mytana m-81, the only main line machine at our shop. i am just a journeyman plumber working for a company. after reading the ridgid forum my back told me to buy a brand new k-60,,,,,,,,,,,,,my back thanks the rigid forum ,,,,,,,,,,,,,

The M81 is not from the same planet. On a tough root job it would make the K-60 look silly

MUCH more powerful machine.

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
              The M81 is not from the same planet. On a tough root job it would make the K-60 look silly

MUCH more powerful machine.
              Have you used either one?

Comment

I have a Gorlitz 68HD, very similar to the M-81. Nice machine, and it is heavy SoB. Almost too heavy. Also allmost everything MyTana makes is good. There sewer machines and cameras are very well built.
                Will Rogers Plumbing
                Moore, Oklahoma
                (
                405) 323-2852

"Your Solution for Any Sewer and Drain Cleaning Needs"

"We Unclog Drains That Others Can't"

www.willrogersplumbing.com
                http://willrogersplumbing.com/?page_id=8

"Oklahoma's Favorite Plumbers!"

Comment

i own 2 mytana main line cams and a mini cam

there customer service is first class!! never had an issue... they stand behind there product 100%.. i had a mother board go out on a camera head it was about 2 months outta warranty, they fixed it for free all i had to pay was shipping.

Comment

Surprised at the good reviews from Mytana.

We get their catalog all the time, and it always seem to me that their equipment was cheesy looking. Shows you how much I know...

How is their sewer cameras?

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisConnor View Post
                      What kind of jetter is it, why can't you get parts?
                      Electric, I don't know any specifics except J.M. McKinney couldn't get it going for us. We bought a Gorlitz electric instead.

Comment

went to the mytana website,,,,,,they want u to share your mytana moments with them on some kind of a u tube set up,,,i have no idea how to do that ,,,,,,but maybe some of u guys can??????????????

Comment

Originally posted by JK949 View Post
                          Electric, I don't know any specifics except J.M. McKinney couldn't get it going for us. We bought a Gorlitz electric instead.
                          Did you contact MyTana about parts? Just curious about the availability of parts from MyTana, not for my own use, but just for board posterity.

Comment

I lost all respect for them one day when looking at a picture of their nozzle assortment; obviously rebranded aquamole at 2-3 times the price. Tried some 1/4" cables from them. Seemed very, very stiff but worked nice. Very easy to ruin; intolerant of any wups, too much torque moments.
                            This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace Sewer View Post
                              I lost all respect for them one day when looking at a picture of their nozzle assortment; obviously rebranded aquamole at 2-3 times the price. Tried some 1/4" cables from them. Seemed very, very stiff but worked nice. Very easy to ruin; intolerant of any wups, too much torque moments.

I don't know if I'd lose respect for them for reselling at a higher price. If you buy a two liter soft drink from the convenience store, it's more expensive than what'd you'd spend at a grocery store.

Comment

Working...
                              X