Cable cleaning

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cable cleaning

What are you guys using to clean your cables?

I get sick and tired of having a tug of war with my K-50, and sick and tired of buying new cables all the time.

Re: Cable cleaning

Not sure what you mean. Only the greasy kitchen lines are an issue with no running water. Usually running a garden hose on the cables will wash them off if they're greasy. Even some simple green.

Why all the new cables? Are they not 5/8" sectional cables, but drum cables for the drum adapter?

Rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
      Not sure what you mean. Only the greasy kitchen lines are an issue with no running water. Usually running a garden hose on the cables will wash them off if they're greasy. Even some simple green.

Why all the new cables? Are they not 5/8" sectional cables, but drum cables for the drum adapter?

Rick.
      I should of been more specific, I'm talking about the 5/16th or 3/8th cable for drum adapter.

I have no kinks on my cables, but there will come a point in where on the 3rd or4 pull, it gets stuck, and I have to pull so damn hard or push it back in then start again.

I've tried scrubbing them iwith a hard bristle brush and hot soapy water, but doesn't take long to go back to being rusty.

Comment

Personally , I don't use the drum adapters. I use the k39 and remove the cables when they are wet. Takes seconds to shake dry and store. I only use the k50 for 5/8" sections.

Rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Yea, my 5/8" cables are fine, it's the smaller ones that give me fits.

Comment

Chlorides in the soap, chlorine in the water. Try keeping your cable in a 12" and/or 20" Bicyle tire. Use something to protect the metal.
            Last edited by JK949; 01-29-2013, 01:29 AM.

Comment

When ever i get the chance i wash my 5/16 cable in the drain with what ever good stuff the customer has in the cabinet , its always clean

Comment

I must be lucky. I left a Ridgid 3/8" cable in the drum of my K-40 for about a week before I needed it again and it looked brand new still, no rust.
                AllurePlumbing.com
                • leak detection
                • drain cleaning
                • utility locating
                • conductor fault locating
                • and other specialties.

Greensboro NC, Winston-Salem NC, High Point NC, Thomasville NC, Kernersville NC

Comment

Originally posted by Flux View Post
                  I should of been more specific, I'm talking about the 5/16th or 3/8th cable for drum adapter.

I have no kinks on my cables, but there will come a point in where on the 3rd or4 pull, it gets stuck, and I have to pull so damn hard or push it back in then start again.

I've tried scrubbing them iwith a hard bristle brush and hot soapy water, but doesn't take long to go back to being rusty.
                  Take them out and clean the cables with a pressure washer. Put them in an oil pan with some wd40...next time you use them, do what Rick suggested with taking them out the drum.
                  Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Working...
                  X