Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Differences btween 375,380, and 400 drain machines.

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Differences btween 375,380, and 400 drain machines.

We just acquired a very slightly used K-375. Does any one know what is the difference between the 375, 380 & 400? I realize that the 380 and 400 are newer models but what are the mechanical(?) differences? I presume Rigid made improvements each time the number changed.

I know the 375 is not as heavy duty as our K-3800 but does anyone know if it will hold up to day to day usage and switching out drums to use 3/8 and 5/16 cable? It already has a 1/2" cable in it but that will be too large for what we will be using it for.

Yes, I did already down load the operator's manual.

Thanks for any info.

Re: Differences btween 375,380, and 400 drain machines.

Doesn't anyone know the answers??

Comment

from what I can see, the 375, has an open drum, the 380 can have an optional power feed, and it has the plastic enclosed drum, and the 380, had a wheel kit and handle kit and in the 400 it appears to have Incorporated the wheels and the handle on the machine, I sure there are some other small changes in parts as well, but I really doubt if there differences are that much, I do not know how many parts are interchangeable, they look like there not really part interchangeable, but I am sure the basic function of them would be the same,

I know my K380 is lightly built and not real accurate IMO (drum wobbles some) but is molded that way, it works like it designed to do, I have not had any problems, as far as a daily user I really do not know,

If I went out to replace my K380, I am reasonable sure I would not go with another (home owners machine),
      Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
      attributed to Samuel Johnson
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Thanks for the info.

Funny thing is that this 375 has the enclosed drum and the cart. Supposedly the newer models have a method to prevent cable twist inside the drum, but I have usually found that to be caused by an overeager operator and a wimpy cable

Thanks again

Comment

K375R is the open drum. K375 is closed drum. It is alight duty machine, I have a k375 and a k380,and a k3800 the k3800 is a better machine hands down just my 2cnts,,,,,
          Sent From The StoolBus

www.appletondrainandsewer.com

Appleton WI, 54915
          1-920-284-7471

Comment

Working...
          X