X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: K-60 Question

The timberwolf takes up no room and can be used anywhere. In low gear, it will kick start a tank.

The 1.25" innercore will cut through a tree trunk. If that can't get it open, then the jetter better.

Rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

I must be doing something wrong I have had the k60 for 3 years I have used it on about 20 jobs and im batting about .500 with it. ive been almost stuck twice to where it took an hour to remove. and once so bad i tried for 3 hours before i had to walk away with 3 sections of cable in the line. The other ones i was able to clear with the 7500. I want the k60 to work as of now though I dont have confidence in it???
      Mike
      Clark County Plumbing And Drain
      www.plumbinginclarkcounty.com

Comment

Originally posted by haycad View Post
        I must be doing something wrong I have had the k60 for 3 years I have used it on about 20 jobs and im batting about .500 with it. ive been almost stuck twice to where it took an hour to remove. and once so bad i tried for 3 hours before i had to walk away with 3 sections of cable in the line. The other ones i was able to clear with the 7500. I want the k60 to work as of now though I dont have confidence in it???
        Root jobs ? I don't have a lot of those calls mostly just plugged up lines old pipes tampons , condoms and paper towels ect ect. All though there's been a couple root jobs but not a lot. If you let the machine do the work iit should do the job, t hasn't let me down yet.. I'm extremely happy with mine I have a k750 I used it once since I bought my k 60. I used the 750 on a six inch sewer line, the k 60 probally would have done it thou.

Comment

Originally posted by haycad View Post
          What cutter were you getting stuck with?

Comment

The K60 is worth owning. I love it during the winter for some of the remote ski lodges. just toss it in a sled and go. It's still not a 100% get all jobs done machine but still a good machine
            I carry the K-60, drill and eel and the DM-55 by dura cable and with that trio nothing stops me from getting the job done.
            Rod
            MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
            Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
            http://unclognh.com
            http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

Clog, since you use the drill all the time....what job conditions would you use the drill and where would you use the k60? Thanks.
              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                Clog, since you use the drill all the time....what job conditions would you use the drill and where would you use the k60? Thanks.
                Ben, I use the K60 in tight spaces or jobs were heavy roots are no issue like willow trees. The drill set up I use on heavy root jobs, ice, sludge wipes, tamons, and paper towels. the drill will clear anything Depending on the work area. Once you master the drill and eel you can use it just about any where. I like to run the 8 foot sections VS the 10 foot sections for some reason the 8 footers work better on tight spaces or basement size in my area.
                It's quick to carry and set up and unstoppable. long 200 foot runs can be a PITA set up break down but still gets the job done. I grab my big drum DM-55 for those over 100 foot jobs or if I can just roll in easy.
                I can run the drill in a crawl space if I wanted to. To me job machine choice comes down to me being lazy and what ever speeds the job up with less effort.
                Rod
                MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
                Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
                http://unclognh.com
                http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

Working...
                X