X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K-60 Question

I do not currently own a K-60, but I was wondering if it would make a closet bend / low heel or san tee / comby into the main? Assume old cast iron and no roof vent access for arguments' sake. What do you guys think, and if it won't, what would you use? (cheapest, fastest, cleanest for the customer's sake)

Thanks!

Re: K-60 Question

It will, it's all in the cutter/cable choices though.
    No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

oh good! I saw that there are many options/accessories available for the unit. Will the basic 7/8 cable and attachments be enough to get me started, or should I buy the 5/8 and some heads right away?

Comment

come out to the phcc show in long beach on 3/2 and i'll give you a hands on demo.

the open winds of the sectional will easily make the turns and can self feed with the proper technique.

the 5/8'' is great for kitchens, showers and laundry drains. nothing like using a 5/8'' cable through a 2'' trap.

see you at the ridgid booth on march 2nd.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by oldkado View Post
          I do not currently own a K-60, but I was wondering if it would make a closet bend / low heel or san tee / comby into the main? Assume old cast iron and no roof vent access for arguments' sake. What do you guys think, and if it won't, what would you use? (cheapest, fastest, cleanest for the customer's sake)

Thanks!
          Yes but this can be tricky until you get it right. The sectionsl is great for this because you can instantly start stop it while applying pressure. Sometimes you need to go in foward or reverse when doing it so your cutter will "climb"down into the main.
          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

I will take you up on that offer Rick. From all of the positive feedback I have read on other threads I am really interested in seeing what this machine is capable of. Will you be at the Ridgid booth or a different one?

Comment

Oh, you said the Ridgid booth in your post. Disregard last question. Thanks again!

Comment

I ordered mine last year I had never used one or even seen one in person I bought the 7/8 and 5/8 kits and haven't regretted anything about the purchase except that I hadn't bought it sooner..you won't be disappointed with your purchase seanny.

Comment

This is funny. I had bought a used k60 suit case unit 4-5 years ago. And a few months ago bought a new stye k60. I have used it about 30 times now and wish I had done it sooner. I will still need my k-7500's and my K-750's and my jetter's
                  But the k60 is saving my body
                  Sent From The StoolBus

www.appletondrainandsewer.com

Appleton WI, 54915
                  1-920-284-7471

Comment

i bought a new k-60 jan.2013, i too should have purchased sooner, 8 successful jobs in jan. i dont miss hauling heavy mytana m-81 down basement steps. continue to read older posts,,,,,have not bought the inner core cable yet,,,,,maybe i wont have to????

Comment

It took me about a year of using the k60 before I realized, I didn't need the k7500 in the truck too. Now it's been a good 5-6 years of k60 use and still going strong. My drum machines are sitting at the shop waiting for the k60 to break down. Problem is it hasn't been down for more than a day, and if it does go out, I have 2 new ones waiting to step in.

Sure my k60 gets a relief from my k50 and 1.25" timberwolf, along with my jetter. But its also done thousands of lines with a 99% success rate.

Are there any doubters still left? Can we close the drum

Rick.
                      phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by appletondrain View Post
                        This is funny. I had bought a used k60 suit case unit 4-5 years ago. And a few months ago bought a new stye k60. I have used it about 30 times now and wish I had done it sooner. I will still need my k-7500's and my K-750's and my jetter's
                        But the k60 is saving my body

That's about it, the K-Silly is for wimps

You still need a mans machine for the real jobs.
                        Last edited by AssTyme; 02-03-2013, 01:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                          It took me about a year of using the k60 before I realized, I didn't need the k7500 in the truck too. Now it's been a good 5-6 years of k60 use and still going strong. My drum machines are sitting at the shop waiting for the k60 to break down. Problem is it hasn't been down for more than a day, and if it does go out, I have 2 new ones waiting to step in.

Sure my k60 gets a relief from my k50 and 1.25" timberwolf, along with my jetter. But its also done thousands of lines with a 99% success rate.

Rick.

Yeah if it's more than a tissue blockage out comes the REAL machine

Some of you guys are really SICK

Comment

You post some photos of your roots you pulled out with your machine as i've already posted hundreds of mine.

Rick.
                            phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post

Rick.

Rick, what is the advantage of your timberwolf setup over the k-1500 or even the k7500 for that matter?
                              Last edited by oldkado; 02-03-2013, 01:52 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X