Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone ever heard of the K-60? Just kidding...

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Has anyone ever heard of the K-60? Just kidding...

Originally posted by Kellen View Post
    Wow and I already have another one

Number 2: do you leave all the sections coupled together to form a long cable? Or are you coupling the sections back to themselves each time?

Much appreciated

Dude !!! You better do some research before you power that thing up you're going to hurt yourself or a bystander

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
      Dude !!! You better do some research before you power that thing up you're going to hurt yourself or a bystander
      Hey man, what do you think I'm doing? This isn't a social thing its a fact finding mission.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisConnor View Post
          Isn't this Gear Junkie in this video?

Neat set-up there with the hand truck.

Comment

Yep, that's him. His way of curling the guide hose back to your working position lets you always know what the end of the cable is doing and not winding itself into something. It's a very ergonomic set up without a lot of getting up and down.

Comment

Yup the video's don't lie. What a PITA machine to operate constantly tugging, pulling on the cable

Comment

Originally posted by Flux View Post
                Isn't this Gear Junkie in this video?

Neat set-up there with the hand truck.

How it that thing going to roll down basement stairs............. ???

Wouldn't it be much less drama just to roll up a user friendly drum machine and let it do all the work ???
                Last edited by AssTyme; 02-14-2013, 01:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisConnor View Post
                  Yep, that's him. His way of curling the guide hose back to your working position lets you always know what the end of the cable is doing and not winding itself into something. It's a very ergonomic set up without a lot of getting up and down.
                  Brought back some old memories...haha. I think I had my k60 a year when I made the video. I'm a lot faster now. Been about 5 years....same machine....same cables...I've only kinked one ever and that became the rick auger. All in all looking back the K60 has never let me down and has done a whole lotta drains without skipping a beat. Just for the record...I started with the 1065 and am much happier with the K60.
                  Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Okay! I just picked up my c-10 cable and accessory kit. Now prepare yourself for what is to be a series of stupid questions

Number 1: how do you get the cable into the machine? I have no head on it and am trying to feed it in through the back, but it seems a little too large. I don't want to force it through, any ideas? Yes I have the handle pulled up

Thanks

Kellen

Watch the video to get the basics. I will suggest at 2:24 in the video it shows how to change for cable size. I prefer to stick the cable in the machine...push the handle all the way down(power is off)....and turn the back collar until the handle rises to about the 10 oclock position....then tighten the set screw.
                    Last edited by gear junkie; 02-14-2013, 02:38 AM.
                    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                      Brought back some old memories...haha. I think I had my k60 a year when I made the video. I'm a lot faster now. Been about 5 years....same machine....same cables...I've only kinked one ever and that became the rick auger. All in all looking back the K60 has never let me down and has done a whole lotta drains without skipping a beat. Just for the record...I started with the 1065 and am much happier with the K60.
                      I do not see a link or the video. Where is it at?
                      AllurePlumbing.com
                      • leak detection
                      • drain cleaning
                      • utility locating
                      • conductor fault locating
                      • and other specialties.

Greensboro NC, Winston-Salem NC, High Point NC, Thomasville NC, Kernersville NC

Comment

Wow and I already have another one

Number 2: do you leave all the sections coupled together to form a long cable? Or are you coupling the sections back to themselves each time?

Much appreciated
                        This is when I use the guide hose and I'm in a bathroom. Loop the end of the guide hose back you. Have all your cables connected and arrange it so male end comes out first. Hold the end of the guide hose with one hand and use the other hand to force the cable in(yes you're feeding it backwards). Disconnect the first section. Attach cutterhead. Feed the cable into the drainusing the machine. Now connect the first and second section(don't connect to k60) and just push the cable until it stops. At this point, disconnect to closest joint , put in machine and away you go. Sounds complicated but the instant start/stop, faster speed, self feeding all make it worth it. In a bathroom, where I have to pull a toilet and go about 100', my average time is about 1.75 hours from the time I show up to the time I leave.

If you're outside or on a roof, it goes that much faster. If on a roof, put on a cutterhead (all the cables are connected)and feed the cable down the vent fast. It'll usually make the turn past the comby and go right into the main....just keep pushing. Once you can't go anymore, disconnect the nearest joint, make sure you double the cable back into the vent, and feed through back of machine. Let the rest of cable out of cage, disconnect cable and reconect cable that's in the vent and away you go. Average time for roof jobs or outside cleanouts to 100' is 1.25 hours.

For cutter heads I like the reverse rick auger(I'll let him tell it), ridgid 4 bladed cutters and spiral sawtooth cutters. I don't like the C cutters with sectionals. The 2" 4 bladed cutter is my first used cutter.
                        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by Gettinit View Post
                          I do not see a link or the video. Where is it at?
                          hmm not sure, the video I posted is called RIDGID K-60 Sectional Machine. The video Chris posted is TeamRIDGID Contest Entry - K60 Root Job
                          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Since you're looking up videos...look up Ben Beats Rick
                            Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Working...
                            X