Once again, best toilet auger please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Once again, best toilet auger please

Well ,I am impressed with the new general drop head auger. Great engineering and quality. The No Workey buttons, on My old ridgid , gave Me fits !!
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

I prefer 6' Drop Head or Regular Head general auger. It is the finest drain cleaning product.

Comment

Originally posted by scotbyallen28 View Post
        I prefer 6' Drop Head or Regular Head general auger. It is the finest drain cleaning product.
        The New K6 is a different animal , Much improved !
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

OK, my take on the new drop head auger. The ergonomic grip is a waste. I didn't care for it but did not cause any issues at all. I like the large end of the handle. This is where I grip mine. The only thing that would make it better for me would be a swivel ball at the end. I think the business end should be a little smaller in diameter due to some of the cheaper toilets and the narrow passage ways. Thank you for doing a better job with the retaining clip that holds the auger when you are done with it.

The only real issue I have with it is that the cable, when caught on something, comes out of the shaft. I put it back together more than once to make sure I wasn't just in a rush and didn't let it snap into place. Although it will not be a normal issue it does concern me that if all 6 feet were out it could be lost into the toilet requiring me to pull the toilet. On one hand, it may have to be pulled anyway. But, I also like to use a dedicated auger for floor sinks. What an aggravation that could be.

All in all I liked the newer version.
          AllurePlumbing.com
          • leak detection
          • drain cleaning
          • utility locating
          • conductor fault locating
          • and other specialties.

Greensboro NC, Winston-Salem NC, High Point NC, Thomasville NC, Kernersville NC

Comment

I'm disappointed they don't make a 3' drophead

I only use a 6' when needed as they have a totally different feel and are heavier. I open 95% of toilets with a 3' and prefer them.

Comment

I am loving the new 6' drop head auger. All I use now. I always run out the 6' just to be sure.

Comment

Used my new 6' Ridgid auger yesterday, paid for itself and then some.

it's a bit cumbersome getting the last three feet back in and getting the button to pop.

Haven't seen the drop head yet

Comment

Originally posted by fixitright View Post
                  Used my new 6' Ridgid auger yesterday, paid for itself and then some.

it's a bit cumbersome getting the last three feet back in and getting the button to pop.

Haven't seen the drop head yet
                  Pull the cable out of the tube, and lube up the inside with a good silicone grease and the part that slides in the tube lube up good. This helps a whole lot.
                  Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                  A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                  Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                  Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Working...
                  X