X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dog sewer job

We went to clean a drain in the old part of town yesterday clay pipe looked easy .
    had 102' of cable in the line , drain opened cable hung up forward or reverse it wouldn't come out.
    got a backhoe and started to dig it up in the alley were we heard the cable before the hang up,
    8 1/2' to the city main so i had to come back this morning and finish digging,
    Headed out early to beat the rain coming ,only to find a dog stuck in my hole
    Dog catcher didn't start till 8:30 had to do a cowboy lasso to get him out

Re: Dog sewer job

What type rodder were you using ? What was it hung up on ?

You give the dog a scooby snack ?

Comment

I for got my scooby snacks this morning , And He didnt like the bucket so much
      I pecked a few holes in the 6" clay i could see my Spiro root cutter head hung on the clay were some one had knocked out a 3" gap in the back side of the hub on the city's wye just below the last clay 45
      It was just wide enough and thick enough to get wound into it, i just took a pipe and hit it to knock it loose
      Fist time one of my sewer machines had to spend the night i didnt like it much

Comment

You didn't put up a "no dogs allowed" sign?

Comment

who's dog was it. glad it was just a dog and not a person.

you don't need to fence off or cover the hole in the public alley?

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

If that was me I would be sending this from prison or maybe the Bahamas. We have people queuing up to "fall" in our holes so they can sue the living S--t out of us.

Comment

I guess the dog didn't know what all the cones and ribbon meant

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                who's dog was it. glad it was just a dog and not a person.

you don't need to fence off or cover the hole in the public alley?

rick.
                We had cones and warning tape around it , just like the big boys
                In the Mid South people aren't so sue happy

Comment

I still would have had a fence around it so a young kid couldn't fall in.
                  What would OSHA say about an open hole like that ?
                  Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
                  http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
                  http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

When I was building my cellar I had the hole dug, and had the foundation poured and the wall started, and went out one morning to be greeted by a skunk on the outside of the footer and in the back fill area,
                    Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                    "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
                    attributed to Samuel Johnson
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                    PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

When I was a kid my older brother went out early in the morning were we were digging a new hole for a cesspool
                      he jumped down in to start digging and came back out three times as fast as when he went in because there was
                      a big Tarantula spider in the hole,
                      JERRYMAC
                      E-MAILJERRYMAC777@GMAIL.COM
                      CALIF. LIC. PLBG,HEAT,DRAINS,ELECTRIC,WATER HEATER, BOILER, POOL AND SPA HEATER
                      FIRE SPRINKLER CONTRACTOR,
                      SINCE JAN. 1989

Comment

Now please tell me you didn`t use the bucket on your digger to scoop the dog out or I will have to report you to the human soceity for cruelty to animals

Tony

Comment

I offered the dog the bucket , he wouldn't get in , i should of had a scobby snack in it

Comment

Originally posted by DELCASE View Post
                            We went to clean a drain in the old part of town yesterday clay pipe looked easy .
                            had 102' of cable in the line , drain opened cable hung up forward or reverse it wouldn't come out.
                            got a backhoe and started to dig it up in the alley were we heard the cable before the hang up,
                            8 1/2' to the city main so i had to come back this morning and finish digging,
                            Headed out early to beat the rain coming ,only to find a dog stuck in my hole
                            Dog catcher didn't start till 8:30 had to do a cowboy lasso to get him out

Can You explain the concrete , and Your reason ? Love to learn.
                            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

To seal around the hole into the CLAY city main
                              JERRYMAC
                              E-MAILJERRYMAC777@GMAIL.COM
                              CALIF. LIC. PLBG,HEAT,DRAINS,ELECTRIC,WATER HEATER, BOILER, POOL AND SPA HEATER
                              FIRE SPRINKLER CONTRACTOR,
                              SINCE JAN. 1989

Comment

Working...
                              X