• Flat Tapes

Do you still use use them ?

Carry such in your service truck ?

Last,what do you think of them ?

Re: Flat Tapes

I just charged a guy a Little over a thousand $$$$ for using one to much

Comment

have one. the father in law uses it. if all of the other machines are broken and you like looking like a fool, then that's the one to use.
      ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

When you are off the grid then it's the only thing we have to clear a stoppage. Only usable in straight pipe with a cleanout access. Closet bends are a problem. Good for soft stoppages and bottles jammed in the pipe.

Comment

Originally posted by red1234 View Post
          Do you still use use them ?

Carry such in your service truck ?

Last,what do you think of them ?

Why the interest........... ?

Comment

I have a sink tape and the heavier General main tape you get at the supply house. The city guys have a really heavy tape with a large ball. I use it mostly for locating sewers. If its a PVC line I have also used a tape before running a camera when I was not near power.
            AllurePlumbing.com
            • leak detection
            • drain cleaning
            • utility locating
            • conductor fault locating
            • and other specialties.

Greensboro NC, Winston-Salem NC, High Point NC, Thomasville NC, Kernersville NC

Comment

I keep one on the truck, just have not used it for a very long time.

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
                Why the interest........... ?
                Thinking of becoming more proficient with flat tapes in times of disaster,and if servicing someone who is off grid and a jetter is not useable.

Comment

Thinking of becoming more proficient with flat tapes in times of disaster,and if servicing someone who is off grid and a jetter is not useable.
                  I am saving up for a Honda inverter generator. Small, light, can run in tandem and gas efficient.
                  AllurePlumbing.com
                  • leak detection
                  • drain cleaning
                  • utility locating
                  • and other specialties.

Comment

What if no fuel is available?-------------The Honda generator seems to be very good,what wattage would be your minimun?

Comment

What if no fuel is available?-------------The Honda generator seems to be very good,what wattage would be your minimun?
                      Look into them. I think 1/2 a gallon will run all day. If there is a possibility you may need it I am sure you will run by a gas station if you need gas. I don't know what you may need it for so I am not sure. I was looking at the 2000 watt unit. Maybe plan the trip a little better and ask some extra questions before heading out. I would ask about where the cleanout is and if the have outside faucets. Maybe a nice neighbor wouldn't mind letting you use water.
                      AllurePlumbing.com
                      • leak detection
                      • drain cleaning
                      • utility locating
                      • and other specialties.

Comment

Originally posted by Gettinit View Post
                        Look into them. I think 1/2 a gallon will run all day. If there is a possibility you may need it I am sure you will run by a gas station if you need gas. I don't know what you may need it for so I am not sure. I was looking at the 2000 watt unit. Maybe plan the trip a little better and ask some extra questions before heading out. I would ask about where the cleanout is and if the have outside faucets. Maybe a nice neighbor wouldn't mind letting you use water.
                        I was thinking 3500 watts to run a K-1500,most of the problems with capped hose bibs are at apartment bldgs,and there is often no time plan the trip.

Comment

Just when you think your disaster can't possibly get any worse, the tape snake can prove you wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                            Just when you think your disaster can't possibly get any worse, the tape snake can prove you wrong.
                            It seems as if you has had to wrestle a few free from roof vents or cleanouts.

Comment

Does anyone else tape the ball at the end?
                              AllurePlumbing.com
                              • leak detection
                              • drain cleaning
                              • utility locating
                              • and other specialties.

Comment

Working...
                              X