X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Humming Bird has landed

Blue Clean AR 630 pressure washer with 50' 1/4" hose, 2 nozzles and pulse valve arrived today.
    I needed a new electric pressure washer and got a pretty good deal on the washer and jetter kit.
    Will use it for pressure washing and cleaning my drain lines.
    Having read some good reviews of the AR and Cam Spray on this site decided to make the purchase.
    I will post comments on my experiences when the occasion arises, which it will. lol
    Let the circuit breakers begin to pop!!!

Donald A
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Donald A; 02-22-2013, 09:56 PM.

Re: The Humming Bird has landed

Lol, nice thread name.
    Good luck with your new toy. You can save some good money clearing your own lines. Hope you like it.

Comment

I bought one of those back in Nashville Pumper and Cleaner show, a few years after I bought my Viking electric jetter, thinking all electric jetters are the same and wanted to save a few bucks ($600 verse $1200) I was sooo wrong. The Viking was a Cadillac verse the Yugo.
      Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
      A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
      Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
      Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Thanks SewerRatz, that just took all the wind out of my sails. lol
        If I were a professional like the majority of you folks, I probably would have gone for the professional tools. Being a home owner, I think it will work for me.
        Just for my information, what makes the Viking a much better machine?
        Thanks all,
        Donald A

Comment

theplungerman,
          Yeah, I followed your thread on the eagle and thought you might get a laugh out of the title.
          Hope I will like it too.
          Thanks,
          Donald A

Comment

Originally posted by Donald A View Post
            Thanks SewerRatz, that just took all the wind out of my sails. lol
            If I were a professional like the majority of you folks, I probably would have gone for the professional tools. Being a home owner, I think it will work for me.
            Just for my information, what makes the Viking a much better machine?
            Thanks all,
            Donald A
            Viking was originally a pressure washer company that got into making sewer jetters. The first thing they realized in their design is Pressure Washer folks do not like vibration, as it causes fatigue in the operator. As for jetters vibration is a good thing as it breaks up the friction on the jetter hose in the pipe and helps the jetter pull farther and make turns. So their electric jetter was only a two valve unit which generated the perfect amount of vibration. Where as the unit like the one you posted that I bought, did not vibrate at all. It still did the job, but I had to twist the hose back and forth to get it to pull any distance and to get it to make turns. Sadly Viking got out of the jetter business due to companies making units for $600, that where far more inferior, and people wanting to buy a Viking were trying to get them to match the price of the lesser units.
            Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
            A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
            Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
            Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Don't worry donald. Ive had that similar unit 1500 at 2.1 gpm 2hp unit for over 20 years. Made my own pulsation bypass and it still works to this day. Just make sure you have good power. Don't use mine much anymore, but it still puts out the pressure and flow. Blow out the water when finished or use a pressure washer aersol flush. Also proper jetting hose is the key to success. I found ss hose the best.

Rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Thanks for the reply Rick.
                I ordered a pulse valve with it, but, the manual does not cover the proper use of the pulse valve. I have read somewhere that the pulse should be either full open or full close. When starting to jet should the valve be open or closed.
                A few words on the proper use of the pulse would sure help a rookie like my self.
                Don

Comment

May I ask where you purchased this and how much you paid? I'm looking at getting the same setup myself.

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                    May I ask where you purchased this and how much you paid? I'm looking at getting the same setup myself.
                    Bought through pwmall.com
                    pwmall.com is in Illinois, as am I, so I had to pay sales tax. total with shipping and tax was 834.00. You are not in Illinois so you would save about 58.00, if i recall the tax correctly.
                    The unit arrived with everything needed for pressure washing and jetting.
                    Here is the link:
                    http://www.pwmall.com/p-135758-88_02...115-volts.aspx
                    Don

Comment

the pulse mode is when you're trying to get the hose around a tight bend or longer distances. using pulse will have a drop in pressure and therefore volume. so it only gets used when needed.

i found a foot valve will accomplish the same thing an not drop the pressure. plus adds a tremendous safety factor. ridgid sells a foot valve and i believe the part #is a fv-1.

if not use a spray gun valve. you need a quick acting dead mans valve for safety. 1500# on a runaway nozzle will do some damage or injury. 4000# at 18 gpm will kill you

bill might share his rookie mistake with us

rick.
                      phoebe it is

Comment

I think I am going to get a foot valve, as recommended. You are correct the Ridgid Foot Valve is FV-1. I found it in the Ridgid catalog but could not find a price.
                        Does anyone have a ball park cost for the valve?
                        Thanks,
                        Donald A

Comment

Found this link for $167.

Ridgid 48157 Valve, asm foot fv1 | RidgidToolsOnline | Ridgid Parts Online | Plumbing Tools | PlumbersCrib.com

Other brands from pressure washer companies are less expensive.

Rick.
                          phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                          X