X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help need advice 7500 drum machine slinging water

When I pull my 7500 drum machine out of a drain I always get water that slings out of the two openings at the front of the drum When i start pulling it out of the line. I open the drain plug and keep it open till I get to the job so it is dry when I start, but when I first start the drum spinning it shoots water out of the front drum holes.Anybody have a solution ? some type of removable plug. or putting a bag over the front of the drum with some kind of elastic band ( I don't think tape would hold) my tarps get full of water and have to be drained before I can take them out. Any advice (beside Rick telling me to get another K 60.) HA, HA.
    Last edited by gtmerkley; 02-23-2013, 05:56 PM.

Re: help need advice 7500 drum machine slinging water

Has it always done this ?

I run a Spartan 300 and it takes two trips in & out 100' with the line holding water to get the drum full of water to where it will start slinging. I will then drain the water through my self made hole unless I'm in a chit hole basement.

Comment

i always drilled a 3/16'' drain hole in the drum and used duct tape to cover the hole. the hole was in the outer circumference and made for a simple drain without having to tilt on its back. only 1 hole at 12:00 and when needed rotate to 6:00 and loosen the tape. pretty fast and simple.

k-60 don't need that.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

OSH has a good assortment of rubber plugs
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

I used tuck tape like the insulators use on vapor barrier it always stayed on, on my k 750

Comment

Working...
          X