X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had A Call Back Last Month..........

I have previously rodded this PVC 3" x 40' kitchen/laundry room line last November so I took a peek to see what was going on.

I never would have guessed, I couldn't even push my MicroReel further than 5' before the the big pile up. Very hard to feel this in the line even with the lighter weight .55 cable.

How would you have cleaned up this line without the use of a jetter ?

Last edited by AssTyme; 02-27-2013, 05:16 PM.

Re: Had A Call Back Last Month..........

Is that a bunch of paper or onions? I suppose I would try the three blade with rag trick.
    AllurePlumbing.com
    • leak detection
    • drain cleaning
    • utility locating
    • conductor fault locating
    • and other specialties.

Greensboro NC, Winston-Salem NC, High Point NC, Thomasville NC, Kernersville NC

Comment

Originally posted by Gettinit View Post
      Is that a bunch of paper or onions? I suppose I would try the three blade with rag trick.

Egg shells.

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
        Egg shells.
        Are you sure?

Looks just like a bad one I came across, some frat boys wanted to see if they could grind up a Coors Lite beer can.

Yes they were successful

and how many eggs are these people eating?

Comment

I would have gone to the hardware store and bought some lye.....not really.

Big spring/retriever, run lots of water.

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
            Are you sure?

Looks just like a bad one I came across, some frat boys wanted to see if they could grind up a Coors Lite beer can.

Yes they were successful

and how many eggs are these people eating?

Yes I'm sure I took a sample out for inspection.... what I really mean is that they were plastered all over the camera head

They said two eggs a day went down the disposal.
            Last edited by AssTyme; 02-27-2013, 06:24 PM.

Comment

I would have used a cable machine run in forward (push to main) with water flowing. Probably with one of those funnel heads on it. Or maybe 35 gallons of acid...
              Last edited by Plumber Punky; 02-27-2013, 06:38 PM.
              ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

K 60 ill say no more.

Comment

Originally posted by Plumber Punky View Post
                  I would have used a cable machine run in forward (push to main) with water flowing. Probably with one of those funnel heads on it. Or maybe 35 gallons of acid...

Which type cable ? Forward ?

Comment

The machine i'm most used to is a sectional k-1500. I guess it's about 1.25"? (I could be wrong on the diameter but it's bigger than 1") That machine has a dual switch for rotation - Reverse self feeds the cable in/pulls the clog backwards. Forward self removes the cable/pushes the clog forward. If you force the cable to remain stationary while in Forward mode the clog or other debris is shuttled faster to the exit. Flushing water helps a lot, too.

We can get pipeline cleaning acid for the milk line in the barn. It's a high concentration Nitric acid and does wonders for chewin' the crap out of calcium deposits. Egg shells are basically calcium.
                    ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

That's pretty much what I did. Put the 300 back in the van & went to the 1.25" Eel cable (it's right hand wound) and ran it in reverse (stationary) with a garden hose on full blast.

Comment

Wow, that Lil Hen Must have a sore Butt !!!
                        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

egg shells are a mess. they are heavy and don't wash down.

i have a building with 4 units sharing a 2'' common kitchen line that runs 70' horizontal to an ejector pump. i was cleaning, jetting this line every few moinths because of the egg shells. eventually the 1 owner at fault moved out. now i get called every 12-18 months for the same line.

with my k-60 i would run a 4 blade t-112 cutter and hope to stir it up enough with water. but 70' is a long way to wash.

the jetter is the only true way and it sucks it back out of the 2'' line.

rick.
                          phoebe it is

Comment

Egg shells need to go in the trash

Comment

IF you feed them back to the chickens it helps them in there calcium needs, and helps them with producing better or stronger egg shells, and that way you do not need to buy oyster shell for them,
                              Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
                              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                              "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
                              attributed to Samuel Johnson
                              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                              PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Working...
                              X