X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• k-39af

what is a good cheap cable. i seam to go through those every 6 or so bathtubs that i do. i'm tired of the kinking of the cable.

thanks.
    the only dumb question is the one that is not asked!

Re: k-39af

Originally posted by Jerad View Post
    what is a good cheap cable. i seam to go through those every 6 or so bathtubs that i do. i'm tired of the kinking of the cable.

thanks.

6 jobs and done Patience grasshopper

My Ridgid cables last me around 8 months before they go limp used a few times per week and I really don't take very good care of them as far as oiling & cleaning.

What brand & type are you using now ?

You can get cheaper cables but the way you're burning through the good ones they might only last 1 or 2 jobs.

Comment

What AT said, let the machine work and go with it. Don't force the cable and always run water to clean your cable.

Comment

using the 5/16 cable one problem is the traps. there are a lot of old style drum traps. i hate those, no access to them. you hit one and the cable goes crazy. had one where the cable jumped it and went another foot down i thought i'd never get the cable out.
        the only dumb question is the one that is not asked!

Comment

Originally posted by Jerad View Post
          using the 5/16 cable one problem is the traps. there are a lot of old style drum traps. i hate those, no access to them. you hit one and the cable goes crazy. had one where the cable jumped it and went another foot down i thought i'd never get the cable out.

I will rod to the drum trap to remove any possible hair in the line to that point then stop and grab the water ram or RoPump if the line isn't yet open.

I don't have the skill/patience to rod through a drum trap the few times I have went all the way through it was just luck.

Comment

normally when i come across a drum trap i sawzall it out, use a fernco coupling and install pvc trap,,,,,,,,,,,,,,on second floor drum trap not always possible do to limited access,,,,,,,,,old dog learned new trick rescently,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,chisel,,,,,,,,,,,,, grind,,,,,,,,,,,,,sawzall or whatever the brass cover off,,,,,,snake the line through open drum trap,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,the knew thing i just learned is that a 4'' fernco cap fits over the drum trap c.o. cover ,,,,,,,,,,,,,the old brass covers never re thread in anyhow,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,next time you have to clean that tub drain its a piece of cake,,,,just remove fernco cap and snake away,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Comment

LOVING THE LAND OF PVC. Almost all of my homes are newer than 20 years. I haven't seen a drum trap in a decade. You guys, just made my day. I don't miss any of that. I just turned down a old house in the historic district of Dallas for a remodel. I like the low hanging fruit.
              "don't put that in your mouth, you don't know where it's been"

Comment

plumb buy jay ,,,,,,,,,,,, would love to work on historical project in texas,,,,,,,,,,,got 6" new snow in wisconsin,,,,,,,,,,,,would love to see low hanging fruit,,,,,,,,,,,,what kind of fruit if u dont mind me asking,,,,,,,,,,,,just recently saw your video on problems with tankless water heaters ,,a retired hvac friend of mine just threw out a 5 yr old tankless he was having all kinds of problems with, he put in the newer rheem high recovery 29 gal. and he loves it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,really like how ur company stands behind those bad units,,,,,,,,,without much help from manu.

Comment

Working...
                X