Jetting Drain Fields Best Size Jetter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jetting Drain Fields Best Size Jetter

We are going to start jetting drain fields. We are looking at 4gpm and 5.5gpm cart jetters(bigger is out of our price range). Which would be better. My thinking is the 5.5gpm like the KJ 3100 but we do not want to spend the xtra money if it is not that much better option then a 4gpm jetter.

Thanks

Re: Jetting Drain Fields Best Size Jetter

I have been scared off by other septic tank businesses from jetting fields.
    AllurePlumbing.com
    • leak detection
    • drain cleaning
    • utility locating
    • conductor fault locating
    • and other specialties.

Greensboro NC, Winston-Salem NC, High Point NC, Thomasville NC, Kernersville NC

Comment

What do they say that is scary? We have been testing restoring drain fields with Septic Drainer and AfterShock or One Shot it seems to be working. Our thought using a larger jetter(ors is 2500psi and 3gpm) would be much better.

Comment

I would guess you'll be encountering alot of mud and dirt....very little roots? If this is the case then you want volume over pressure.
        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by Knight1 View Post
          What do they say that is scary? We have been testing restoring drain fields with Septic Drainer and AfterShock or One Shot it seems to be working. Our thought using a larger jetter(ors is 2500psi and 3gpm) would be much better.
          Those products come highly recommended and have yet to sell any. I know a little about aftershock and it needs to go into the distribution box. I have a lot of clay pipes as field lines and usually just the tank, no distribution box. You just about have to get in the tank and then you are re-piping the tee and pipe in the tank. Most people here will not take care of the system so I would rather call a guy like you out to pump and replace lines and know it works than they get pissed off and have to call you shortly after I tried helping them. It just doesn't make much sense for me in my area. The Bio mat that I have seen seems like a pain in the rear and you also need to charge for another pumping once you figured out that pumping alone or with treatment didn't work.
          AllurePlumbing.com
          • leak detection
          • drain cleaning
          • utility locating
          • and other specialties.

Comment

Hey, let's face it, you can't lose with the purchase of a jetter in your profession.
            AllurePlumbing.com
            • leak detection
            • drain cleaning
            • utility locating
            • and other specialties.

Comment

Working...
            X