Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid Autoclean K-30 problem: cable won't advance

Dear experts,

Drain cleaning newbie here.

So I just tried to clean a drain, scrupulously following the instruction manual. While doing so, I got the suspicion that the cable wasn't advancing. Afterwards, I confirmed my suspicion while cleaning up. I tried advancing the cable without feeding into a pipe.

Well, the cable rotated, but did not advance more than like a foot. It did retract, though. Same results when used in "REV" mode.

Thanks in advance for your insight,
    V

Re: Ridgid Autoclean K-30 problem: cable won't advance

Originally posted by wikivince View Post
    Dear experts,

Drain cleaning newbie here.

So I just tried to clean a drain, scrupulously following the instruction manual. While doing so, I got the suspicion that the cable wasn't advancing. Afterwards, I confirmed my suspicion while cleaning up. I tried advancing the cable without feeding into a pipe.

Well, the cable rotated, but did not advance more than like a foot. It did retract, though. Same results when used in "REV" mode.

Thanks in advance for your insight,
    V
    welcome to the forum.

i had to look up your machine on the ridgid site. but i did find in the instruction manual that when the feed fails you need to clean or lube the mechanism. look also to see if any parts are worn or bent oddly.
    ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

Re: Ridgid Autoclean K-30 problem: cable won't advance

Verify that the cable will pull out and push In by hand. It's a 30' cable. I believe its got an anchor clip/ torque arm to prevent it from being removed.

If all else fails, I'm in your hood

Rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
      X