K1500 SP Frame Styles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K1500 SP Frame Styles

I'm looking at purchasing a sectional machine. In the past I have used the B-frame model (legs stick out the rear). I like the look of the A-frame model (hand hold above the clutch arm).

Other than the b-frame being low profile for crawl spaces, is there any benefit to one frame over the other? Is b-frame more stable, etc?
    ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Re: K1500 SP Frame Styles

The B frame is more stable, but the A frame will transport a cage of cable too.

The A frame is easier to manuever too. Unless you need a low profile machine, I think you will like the A frame.

But there is nothing that can compete with stability compared to my k1500 spider with 8 legs

https://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/t37387/ link to my spider and american pride 1500 machines.

Rick.
    Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 03-07-2013, 09:42 PM.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
      The B frame is more stable, but the A frame will transport a cage of cable too.

The A frame is easier to manuever too. Unless you need a low profile machine, I think you will like the A frame.

Rick.

Thanks Rick. I'm probably getting a Sprinter truck so a more compact machine is probably better. The rack of cables may help make the a-frame machine more stable too. We'll see I guess.

But there is nothing that can compete with stability compared to my k1500 spider with 8 legs
      meanie
      ~~

Comment

I have the "A" frame, and I love it. I can carry one roll of cable under it and one in my hand, saves a trip. I don't feel like it is much less stable than the "B", but I have heard some guys dragging these things under houses? I don't have to do that here.
        "don't put that in your mouth, you don't know where it's been"

Comment

my 1 of a kind 1500 spider. with 8 legs, it doesn't walk around. it runs

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Just curious..Plunky....why are you going for the 1500?
            Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

We have both styles. I prefer the upright model and some of the other guys like the low profile. Just a matter of preference.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                ...why are you going for the 1500?
                It's what I'm used to, and the largest I'll probably ever see is 8" pipe. But the extra capacity up to 10"s nice to have.
                ~~

Comment

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,rick really like your spider k-1500,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,i see in the center of each spider web there is a different picture,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,one is a an old school out house,,,,????,,,,,,one is a k-1500,,,??? and the other 2 i cannot see,,,,,do i have to pay admission $$$ at your museum to get a good close up view of every angle???? once again awsome k-1500.

Comment

Originally posted by Plumber Punky View Post
                    It's what I'm used to, and the largest I'll probably ever see is 8" pipe. But the extra capacity up to 10"s nice to have.
                    Punky, what is your go to machine now? The reason I ask is we are in the same general area and I think I've only had to break out my 1500 once or twice in the past 6 years.

Comment

I dont have a large machine. My SBA business plan/loan app is nearly done and i'm making plans now for the purchases. At the other jobs I held the 1500 (not SP model) was used for all lateral/septic snaking jobs. It was in use probably 3 times a week, mostly for tree root problems or where the lateral was separated and broken (translation: customer cheap or no money). No company I ever worked for had a jetter.
                      ~~

Comment

I dont have a large machine. My SBA business plan/loan app is nearly done and i'm making plans now for the purchases. At the other jobs I held the 1500 (not SP model) was used for all lateral/septic snaking jobs. It was in use probably 3 times a week, mostly for tree root problems or where the lateral was separated and broken (translation: customer cheap or no money). No company I ever worked for had a jetter.
                        I don't want to sound like Rick here but for our area ESP. Residential work all you need is a k60. It will also free up some space on your future sprinter.
                        I would be glade to give you a hands on if you'd like.
                        I have never not cleared a line with this machine and proper cable/cutter combo!

Comment

I have a k50 already (it handles up to 4" as does the k60). The snake wouldnt be in the truck all the time so space wouldn't be much of an issue.

Have you not worked outside of the city much? Just curious. Out here in the country, i dont think a k60 would cut it with some of the long storm drains, silo tiles, a heavy tree root laden lines. A jetter is not currently something I can afford, so is out of the equation.
                          ~~

Comment

many guys on this forum say their k-1500 sits in the shop,,,,,,for good reason,,,,,,the,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,k-60,,,,,,,,just bought mine in jan.2013,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,smaller and lighter than 1500,,,,,,,,cable lighter,,,,,,,,,,runs 7/8 and5/8 cable,,,,,,,crawl space friendly,,,,read the threads on k-60,,,,,,,,,,,,,if you need a bigger gun once in a while you have a 1/2'' drill dont you,,,,,cheaper than k-1500,,,,,,just buy 1 1/4 cable sections,,,,,and drill through through tuffer roots,,,,,,

Comment

I have a k50 already (it handles up to 4" as does the k60). The snake wouldnt be in the truck all the time so space wouldn't be much of an issue.

Have you not worked outside of the city much? Just curious. Out here in the country, i dont think a k60 would cut it with some of the long storm drains, silo tiles, a heavy tree root laden lines. A jetter is not currently something I can afford, so is out of the equation.

on many occasion i have run 200+ feet of 7/8 cable, lots of roots lots of mud lots of poop!
                              the k60 is my go to machine for a reason...it rarely fails to step up.

Comment

Working...
                              X