K1500 SP Frame Styles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: K1500 SP Frame Styles

even i have not attempted to run 200'+ on my k-60. typically 150' or more gets jetted. also steep down hills and root and mud filled area drains get jetted.

the k-60 is a great all around machine, but it can't replace a jetter.

hopefully a year from now, all of you guys will be asking about jetters, nozzles and hoses. it's only time and money before you will have a jetter. doesn't even have to be a monster. a 4 gpm at 3000 psi with a root ranger will do a very good job on 4'' and less. 6'' can be done with patience and a camera.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by Plumber Punky View Post
      I dont have a large machine. My SBA business plan/loan app is nearly done and i'm making plans now for the purchases. At the other jobs I held the 1500 (not SP model) was used for all lateral/septic snaking jobs. It was in use probably 3 times a week, mostly for tree root problems or where the lateral was separated and broken (translation: customer cheap or no money). No company I ever worked for had a jetter.
      And that is why you need to buy a jetter. You could buy a jetter cheaper then you could a 1500.
      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Really surprises me to see that people are snaking out sewer mains with a K60 and saying that they haven't had to use there K1500 more than a few times a year. Is it that you don't do much drain cleaning? I run the Model C with 1.25" cable(same class as K1500) n 9/10 sewer calls. A K60 would never open up all my drain cleaning calls. No way.
        Will Rogers Plumbing
        Moore, Oklahoma
        (
        405) 323-2852

"Your Solution for Any Sewer and Drain Cleaning Needs"

"We Unclog Drains That Others Can't"

www.willrogersplumbing.com
        http://willrogersplumbing.com/?page_id=8

"Oklahoma's Favorite Plumbers!"

Comment

i used a k-1500 for over 25 years at 3 different service work plumbing companies,,,,,,,it is a great machine,,,,,,,but now that i am 61 yrs old i need something lighter,,,,,,,,,,,also work out of a 3/4 ton chevy van and can change a water heater and still have room for k-60,,,,,,,,,, in other words no trips back to the shop to pick up the k-1500,,,,,saves a lot of time and money ,,,,,,,however in milwaukee most sewer calls are under 130 ft. and have to haul drain cleaning equipment into basements,,,,, however,,,,your jobs may be very different

Comment

I've ran 260' on my K-60 inside a supermarket. Six months later I had to run the same line and ran two Gorliz HD 68 machines. The K-60 was surprising faster going in. It can be done.

Comment

I'm ready to make my purchase of the K-1500 SP A frame machine (Ridgid #46902). The best price I can find is $3312 with free shipping. My wholesaler is higher than that. Do you guys have any other options for a lesser cost?

Also, no plumbing related though, I was looking at an AC recovery machine. The Robinair ProMax Refrigerant Recovery Machine Extreme RG5410EX is $489 with free shipping. If you have any thoughts, please toss them out here
              ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

Contact AJ coleman. check ebay as well. Saw quite a few good 1500's for sale....but still think you should stick with the K60. For recovery machine....Appion G5 twin....best recovery machine there is.
                Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

For what the OP is describing, I think a 1500 would suit him much better than a k60. If you do mostly 6" and rod from 6" clean outs then the 1.25" cable is the right tool. The k60 might save space but it will take twice as long to get the job done. I rod 6" clay lines from outside catch basins (grease traps) 100'+ and 80-100+ years old with trees the same age and nasty nasty NASTY roots ever 2''. while I can do a decent job with the 7/8" cable, the 1.25" cable will clear the line faster and better. I wouldn't even consider a jetter for these types of lines unless it was a big ole trailer jet like rick's. cart jetter would be a waste for me.

Comment

I second calling Allan J Coleman, they stand behind everything they sell. And in my book are always best priced for the service and knowledge they have. Ask for Marvin or Kirk, and you can tell them the folks from Ridgid forums sent ya.

Allan J. Coleman
                    5725 N Ravenswood Ave Chicago, IL 60660
                    (773) 728-2400
                    Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                    A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                    Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                    Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
                      I second calling Allan J Coleman, they stand behind everything they sell. And in my book are always best priced for the service and knowledge they have. Ask for Marvin or Kirk, and you can tell them the folks from Ridgid forums sent ya.

Allan J. Coleman
                      5725 N Ravenswood Ave Chicago, IL 60660
                      (773) 728-2400

Definitely class act folks

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post

hopefully a year from now, all of you guys will be asking about jetters, nozzles and hoses. it's only time and money before you will have a jetter. doesn't even have to be a monster. a 4 gpm at 3000 psi with a root ranger will do a very good job on 4'' and less. 6'' can be done with patience and a camera.

rick.
                        Sorry Rick you give American Plumbers way more credit than they deserve. I remember people argueing about how they could and can do anything with a cable that could be done with a jetter.

I remember scratching my head thinking are they that afraid of change, are the people in this trade really that bacKwards and stuborn.

Yep they are.

Comment

Originally posted by saysflushable View Post
                          Sorry Rick you give American Plumbers way more credit than they deserve. I remember people argueing about how they could and can do anything with a cable that could be done with a jetter.

I remember scratching my head thinking are they that afraid of change, are the people in this trade really that bacKwards and stuborn.

Yep they are.

Servicing mostly residential lines I'm getting by just fine without a jetter.

Not afraid of change, backwards or stubborn just too much drama for me when my cables are doing just fine

PS: most plumbers don't offer drain cleaning service.

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
                            Servicing mostly residential lines I'm getting by just fine without a jetter.

Not afraid of change, backwards or stubborn just too much drama for me when my cables are doing just fine

PS: most plumbers don't offer drain cleaning service.
                            I don't have a jetter either and most of my drain cleaning is residential. I also get along fine, but jetters do a better job than cables.

So in reality the only reason I'm getting along fine is because my competition knows nothing of the potential of jetters.
                            Last edited by saysflushable; 05-27-2013, 04:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by saysflushable View Post
                              I don't have a jetter either and most of my drain cleaning is residential. I also get along fine, but jetters do a better job than cables

I will agree but most of the time "better" isn't needed as isn't the additional cost.

There are times when a jetter would be nice/quicker but I've leaned to make do with what I have. It would just take up space and collect dust most of the time. I have no desire to get the jobs to prove it's worth.

Comment

a few times I sure would like to jet a problem line or my customer has the loot and would gladly pay extra to have all roots in clay gone. but so far I haven't had the need to pull the trigger on one. I have lost a few big money jobs that may have turned into more big money jobs because of no jetter.

Anyhow my point is jetters do a better job and it will take YEARS before plumbers realize it........weather I have one or not

Comment

Working...
                                X