Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Time for dueling toilet augers !!

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
    A 5 gallon bucket for my plunger and auger, keeps any drips in the can.

Rick.
    Do You have the Family Crest on the Homer Bucket ? I BET NOT !
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Rick.
      5 gal bucket since day one.

Comment

I used my new K6 yesterday for the first time, handle felt real good cranking, once the bowl was clear the cable could push around all the turns

Comment

I've always like the General, didn't know Ridgid put out a new one. I'll have to check it out. Honestly, and you can call me a hack if you want, but I prefer a Plunger. I can get almost any toilet unblocked with a Plunger.
          Will Rogers Plumbing
          Moore, Oklahoma
          (
          405) 323-2852

"Your Solution for Any Sewer and Drain Cleaning Needs"

"We Unclog Drains That Others Can't"

www.willrogersplumbing.com
          http://willrogersplumbing.com/?page_id=8

"Oklahoma's Favorite Plumbers!"

Comment

I've been using a plunger 95% of the time with perfect results and no scratched toilets.

Rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

I've been using a plunger 95% of the time with perfect results and no scratched toilets.

Rick.
              But when I'll pull that new K-6 from It's suede case , The service call fee is Justified !
              " You want $$$$$$ for a plunger Job ? I could of woke UP HENRY !!!!! "
              I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                But when I'll pull that new K-6 from It's suede case , The service call fee is Justified !
                What does it matter? As long as the toilet flushes the service was the same.....If they could have figured it out, they would not have called you out in the first place.
                Will Rogers Plumbing
                Moore, Oklahoma
                (
                405) 323-2852

"Your Solution for Any Sewer and Drain Cleaning Needs"

"We Unclog Drains That Others Can't"

www.willrogersplumbing.com
                http://willrogersplumbing.com/?page_id=8

"Oklahoma's Favorite Plumbers!"

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                  Actually the customer is happy. I try to walk them through plunging it first over the phone. When they fail, I show up with my better plunger, clear it and offer to sell them a brand new plunger like mine.

Do you really think everytime a customer takes a big dump, they want you to come over and clear it for them?

Unless something like a toy was flushed, a plunger is better, cleaner, and doesn't scratch a toilet, or potentially break a toilet.

I've written about this dozens of times. Some people just don't get it and never will.

99% of toilet stoppages are in the toilet, not the closet bend. The wax ring is never subjected to pressure. So the theory of blowing out a wax ring is bs.

Rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

People try to plunge blocked services. Usually they just push it around to tubs and such, but I have seen rings blown as a result. As professionals, we should know enough to see whether it is a toilet clog and plungeable or not. We should also know how to use an auger w/o scratching a toilet or be prepared to deal with the scratches. Often I arrive for a clogged toilet and it is marked up horrible from a hand crank 1/4" snake. I carry muriatic acid. A plunger is a useful tool, but like any tool (including an auger) it can cause damage when used by the inexperienced.
                    This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Hey Rick...

Link to the plunger you recommend?

Comment

Originally posted by rofl View Post
                        Hey Rick...

Link to the plunger you recommend?
                        Continental 520 Black Power Drain Plunger: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific
                        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by Will Rogers Plumbing View Post
                          I've always like the General, didn't know Ridgid put out a new one. I'll have to check it out. Honestly, and you can call me a hack if you want, but I prefer a Plunger. I can get almost any toilet unblocked with a Plunger.

Being a professional you should know better

Running a cable will scrape the sticky turd from the sides of the trap and you have a great chance of pulling the objects out when using a drop head.

Using your plunger you would never have noticed these items. I pull chit out all the time.

Last edited by AssTyme; 03-09-2013, 12:05 PM.

Comment

Rick.

If you're getting paid like a big boy you should also act & look like one.

This helps............

Augers General Pipe Cleaners – Toilet Augers, Closet Augers, Teletube Telescoping Closet Auger, Flexicore Cable – Urinal Augers

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
                              If you're getting paid like a big boy you should also act & look like one.

This helps............

Augers General Pipe Cleaners – Toilet Augers, Closet Augers, Teletube Telescoping Closet Auger, Flexicore Cable – Urinal Augers
                              Actually, being a Pro means you have enough tools in your arsenal to get the job done properly and not have a go-back.

Mark
                              "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                                Actually, being a Pro means you have enough tools in your arsenal to get the job done properly and not have a go-back.

Mark

Sorry but walking into a home with a house hold plunger does not look very good

Say & think what you will but I can see where some customers would frown upon it after receiving the bill

We're not talking rocket science here just a $40.00 auger to do a better job and look a bit more professional.

Comment

Working...
                                X