X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time for dueling toilet augers !!

I now have The New Generation Ridgid K-6 drop head Auger along with the General one.
    Haven't used either one yet , But already , I see a difference. I held ,and rotated them both in My hands. The Ridgid
    has a completely different feel in My hands. It just feels Right !
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: Time for dueling toilet augers !!

cant wait to see the new ridgid,,,,,,,,i hope it has a nice hook on the end for snagging all the oddities that end up in the toilet just got a call from work by for now ridgid forum
    Last edited by cheesehead plumber; 03-08-2013, 11:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by cheesehead plumber View Post
      cant wait to see the new ridgid,,,,,,,,i hope it has a nice hook on the end for snagging all the oddities that end up in the toilet just got a call from work by for now ridgid forum
      They are very similar, Ridgid Just FEELS RIGHT IN MY MITTS ! Sorry I bought the General Now !
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
        I now have The New Generation Ridgid K-6 drop head Auger along with the General one.
        Haven't used either one yet , But already , I see a difference. I held ,and rotated them both in My hands. The Ridgid
        has a completely different feel in My hands. It just feels Right !
        I too was surprised by the improvements. So far I would say, move over General, there's a new Sheriff in town.

Mark
        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
          They are very similar, Ridgid Just FEELS RIGHT IN MY MITTS ! Sorry I bought the General Now !

The real test will come in the clogged poopy toilets. The redesign does look & feel good but if it doesn't work well it isn't worth a chit.

I now have the K-6 and will be purchasing a K-3 soon as I seldom need the 6 footer, it also has extra weight and a different feel.

The hooks are different on the drop heads and the Ridgid cable is more flexible.

Hope to be putting a new K-3 to test in the real world shortly

Comment

I have been out of the field for the last 7 years,
            But I always preferred the Marco 6' closet auger with the open spring end it always seemed to clear toilets that
            my General, or Ridgid augers could not get though the trap on
            JERRYMAC
            E-MAILJERRYMAC777@GMAIL.COM
            CALIF. LIC. PLBG,HEAT,DRAINS,ELECTRIC,WATER HEATER, BOILER, POOL AND SPA HEATER
            FIRE SPRINKLER CONTRACTOR,
            SINCE JAN. 1989

Comment

I just used the new K-6 drop head today...I will say the taper in the handle is pretty nice....it seems to make cranking the tractor easier....but I absoultely love the clip that hold the cable to the body....such a wonderful inprovement...I am going to say advantage-----Ridgid....
              Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
              You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

Originally posted by dcman View Post
                I just used the new K-6 drop head today...I will say the taper in the handle is pretty nice....it seems to make cranking the tractor easier....but I absoultely love the clip that hold the cable to the body....such a wonderful inprovement...I am going to say advantage-----Ridgid....

Your General didn't have a cable holder ?

I did notice that the Ridgid holder is snugger.

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
                  Your General didn't have a cable holder ?

I did notice that the Ridgid holder is snugger.
                  My General had a small clamp that worked about a week before it loosened up enough so the cable would pop off. Usually while I'm walking down the hallway and the nasty cable smacks the customers wall. It got to the point I was transporting it around in a trash bag.

The new Ridgid one is way beefier

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                    My General had a small clamp that worked about a week before it loosened up enough so the cable would pop off. Usually while I'm walking down the hallway and the nasty cable smacks the customers wall. It got to the point I was transporting it around in a trash bag.

The new Ridgid one is way beefier

Yes it does get looser with age mine is 3 years old and only has enough holding power for me to carefully & quickly stuff it in my carrying bag. I know exactly what your talking about when the cable springs loose at the wrong time, lol !!!

Everything has been worry free and much more professional since I bought my General toilet auger carrying cases
                    Last edited by AssTyme; 03-08-2013, 07:50 PM.

Comment

Got to put mine to the test today. it worked great, love the tapered handle. It seems to fit my grip perfectly. I think that the cable holder will soften up over time, just will have to wait.
                      The cable still seemed a little soft, but maybe with time and a little rust it will stiffen up. The extender to get to 6' works like a charm. Cant wait to use it again.

Comment

i did not know that general had a carry case for toilet auger,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,time for ridgid to offer one too,,,,,,,,,,,,

Comment

Originally posted by cheesehead plumber View Post
                          i did not know that general had a carry case for toilet auger,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,time for ridgid to offer one too,,,,,,,,,,,,
                          Mine is kid suede with the family crest !

Comment

nice!

Comment

A 5 gallon bucket for my plunger and auger, keeps any drips in the can.

Rick.
                              phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                              X