X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Draw wires

Not sure whether this has been adressed previously, couldnt find through searching. What do you use for a draw wire. What I need to do is get a draw line/wire to guide the jetter and camera back through a series of oblique(45degree) junctions. Unfortunately it is stormwater drain too.
    Has anyone used 100lb fishing line and if so how did it go with the jetter???????????

Re: Draw wires

Originally posted by Cleanmen2 View Post
    Not sure whether this has been adressed previously, couldnt find through searching. What do you use for a draw wire. What I need to do is get a draw line/wire to guide the jetter and camera back through a series of oblique(45degree) junctions. Unfortunately it is stormwater drain too.
    Has anyone used 100lb fishing line and if so how did it go with the jetter???????????
    We use to run piano wire the height of hi risers setting Pre cast concrete panels 30 Years ago ! Might work for You.
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

I tie fishing line to a bottle and float the bottle down (6" and larger). Depending on what I'm doing depends on what I use for "the working" draw line. sometimes I use masonry line if I'm just pulling the camera or rope If I'm pulling a packer..

I basically use the fishing line as a draw line for the draw line I want to use.
      INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
      Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

on 4" i run the snake to the access point then put on a head I made...it's just the clip part of a dog chain that swivels so it allows me to run the snake in reverse if I can't just pull it out.

Then I clip the rope and have a helper hold some tension on the rope as I'm bringing it back.
        INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
        Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

If I want to pick a specific down pipe or stormwater drain to jet I will jet from there down to the exit with the mini reel, when it comes out I will take the main jetter hose and take a joiner to join the two hoses together then pull it back out of the pipe .

After this I put on the appropriate nozzle and jet out to the road or exit of the pipe.

Simon

Comment

Me too. Or I just jet and swap the nozzle for the connector when I get through.

I have several fiberglass fishrods that can make the bends and pull back a rope or 1/8" ss cable.

Rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Guys thankyou. I have a curly one and being stormwater could have been put in by the gardener for all I know. locating the camera was difficult but I haven't given up yet. Builder claims they didn't have genuine plans so next step is to get order for full on survey. I want to use draw wire so I can get to the appropriate place and clean back properly. Also need to get the camera up for a full inspection.

Comment

Working...
              X