X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Electric Jetter Hose Setup

I think I finally have something worthwhile to contribute to the forum. I've been helped by so many people here with such generous attitudes. Thank you all.

The pictures below is what I've assembled into a single unit for jetting small pipes with an electric AR 610/630 pressure washer.

1/8" - 50' Jetter hose, jump hose, General Reel are from Amazing Machinery.

3/16" - 100' Piranha Slither Jetter Hose (on reel) is from 4-Star Hose and Supply.

Nozzles are from Aqua Mole.

Suttner 3000 foot valve from an independent distributor where I had to buy a few to get a good price. (Have one left if anyone is interested.)

The goal was to make the entire frame from 3/4" furniture grade PVC from FORMUFIT, but I didn't order enough pipe, and I made a goof or two, so I ended up using some standard 40 PVC.

The foot valve can be removed to use if needed, otherwise it sits in a frame and I can use it from the carry stand.

The wood platform is attached to PVC frame with bolts that also hold 8 non-skid rubber feet.

The whole thing is 14.5" wide, 21.5" long, 17" high.

The 90's on the 1/8" hose holder come off so I can easily feed the hose.

I've also finished modifying my General HandiElectric cable machine into one with a stand and deadman switch. Will post that in a separate post.

Click image for larger version

Name:	85b88c3fe6dc8d1c38228f0e2a29d2fc.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	48.1 KB
ID:	17296Click image for larger version

Name:	0cfeb7c5ed207e8a41993ec1f7b64e64.jpg
Size:	44.9 KB
ID:	17297Click image for larger version

Name:	584ce562516ca1154595e569d0052a10.jpg
Size:	43.6 KB
ID:	17298Click image for larger version

Name:	cbfb1cf8ffe2a74ff8a902ee504de711.jpg
Size:	46.8 KB
ID:	17299
    Last edited by schulte; 03-12-2013, 03:39 AM.

Re: New Electric Jetter Hose Setup

Looks good. I have an AR 630 set up for drain jetting, personal use, and am going to make a dolly type 2 wheel cart with detachable hose reel.
    I am interested in the foot valve if you still have it.

Comment

Interesting and inexpensive design. Like the setup with the footvalve and extra 1/8" hose quick swap.

I doubt that the plastic frame would last a job in my work, but if you're careful, it might last you a lifetime.

If it works out, a welder can easily fab you up a square tube frame for peanuts.

How do you like your new jetter?

Rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
        Interesting and inexpensive design. Like the setup with the footvalve and extra 1/8" hose quick swap.

I doubt that the plastic frame would last a job in my work, but if you're careful, it might last you a lifetime.

If it works out, a welder can easily fab you up a square tube frame for peanuts.

How do you like your new jetter?'
        'Rick.

Since it was made for indoor work, kitchen's/baths I was going for light weight, and something that would not scratch/damage floors/counters/tubs if I was a little careless.

It's pretty darn sturdy though. Supposedly the furniture grade PVC is pretty tough. We'll see.

If I get a bigger jetter in the future, I will weld one up though, something that will stand up to outdoor use and a trailer.
        ###

I've been using the AR for about a year or so now with the 1/8" hose alone, and I think it's great. I'm going to get some clear PVC and make a video of it working soon. Will post.

Thanks again for all your time Rick.

John
        Last edited by schulte; 03-12-2013, 09:21 AM.

Comment

Looks good....maybe a copper frame? How do you like it so far?
          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

So far so good. I think I'll have to drop it to break it. Good idea on the copper, might build something with that next for outdoor stuff.

John

Comment

Working...
            X